Chief of Staff
The Microsoft Security organization accelerates Microsoft’s mission and bold ambitions to ensure that our company and industry is securing digital technology platforms, devices, and clouds in our customers’ heterogeneous environments, as well as ensuring the security of our own internal estate.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff for the MSEC AI (Microsoft Security Artificial Intelligence) Executive Office in Microsoft Security, who is responsible for our rhythm of business, coordinating internal and external communications, running the internal operations of the organization, and partnering with the MSEC AI (Microsoft Security Artificial Intelligence) executive leadership to establish and drive alignment on key priorities and initiatives.
As Chief of Staff, you will be thinking holistically and proactively to improve the effectiveness of the leadership team, the overall organization, its strategy, and its processes. This role requires a highly resourceful person who is smart, strategic, and self-motivated. The successful candidate for this position possesses an ability to lead through influence, has analytical skills, demonstrates the discipline to deliver results, and exhibits emotional intelligence. The role will directly report to the MSEC AI (Microsoft Security Artificial Intelligence) executive leadership.
Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.
- Leadership Effectiveness As the leadership team leads the business through transformational strategy moves and a fast-changing landscape, own leadership team & extended leadership team processes and agendas, including follow through and related communications to enable successful leadership of the organization. Participate as a valued leadership team member and offer synthesized business perspectives relevant to influencing key strategic decisions. Maximize the effectiveness of the MSEC AI executive leadership team by helping balance priorities, communicate effectively, participate in the most relevant meetings, and connect with the team. Communications Drive internal communications for team meetings and other internal communications at major milestones. Plan and manage team meetings including All Hands, staff meetings and manager meetings. In partnership with PR, manage the MSEC AI (Microsoft Security Artificial Intelligence) executive leadership team’s external communications for customer/partner engagements, speaking engagements to ensure successful and impactful use of the MSEC AI (Microsoft Security Artificial Intelligence) executive leadership team’s time.
- Business Partner Relationships Establishes and maintains key points of contact with internal teams (e.g., Finance, Public Relations, Human Resources, Marketing, Business Development etc.); manages and cultivates relationships with leaders of internal teams. Builds relationships with executives (e.g., global executive sponsors, CVPs). Acts as an advisor to leadership on a particular area of expertise, leveraging breadth of deep technical/product knowledge, organizational context, and market awareness on strategic business decisions.
- Strategic Project Leadership Partner with the MSEC AI executive leadership team to define and manage project(s) as a project lead through goals, deliverables, feedback, and timing expectations, providing structure and guidance for others; proactively identify and address roadblocks. Manage projects independently and/or by leading project teams.
- Business Integration Drive strategic initiatives and provide thought leadership. Identify issues that impede business group success and provide solutions/recommendations. Identify opportunities to create cross group collaboration and synergies. Partner with HR to orchestrate team design conversations and facilitate successful implementation of organizational plans. Demonstrate discretion and professionalism when working with leadership team on sensitive business and organizational issues, manage ambiguity and propose workable solutions to challenging problems.
- Business Planning Partner with the LT to manage the planning process ensuring coordination with corporate planning processes as well as planning integration across the broader org. Work with cross-division and cross-company/team counterparts to manage team participation as needed for key business events, next fiscal year planning, running business reviews, MPRs, MBRs and other strategic business planning activities.
- Business Process Work with the Business Managers to lead and coordinate the organization rhythm of the business (ROB) and improve processes to run the business efficiently as the organization scales. Partner with finance and procurement to ensure effective budget management, headcount management and forecasting. Partner with staffing team to meet hiring requirements and elevate staffing conversations with the leadership team.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (e.g., Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Management, Computer Science) AND 8+ years experience in financial management, business planning, operations management, strategy, project management, human resources, or business-related roles
- OR equivalent experience.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Demonstrated history of engineering and/or product expertise with a proven ability to influence and inspire technical peers.
- Experience working with a globally distributed workforce
- Experience as a Chief of Staff at technology company
- Experience driving complex, multi-stakeholder processes and cross-team programs.
- Experience with executive communications
Business Management IC6 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $124,800 - $266,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $159,000 - $292,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.