Worthy is the world’s first consumer-to-business (C2B) marketplace for selling pre-owned valuables at true worth. We disrupt a traditional industry through technology by bringing together supply-side consumers and demand-side wholesalers to facilitate frictionless trading at fair value via auction.
Worthy humans work out of 3 offices - NYC, Salt Lake City, Tel Aviv - and remotely across the United States. We are a group of folks that are not only passionate about our work, but about each other and our customers. Our flat hierarchy and organizational structure creates an open environment where all feel comfortable to voice ideas, and we love the smart, creative minds of people who take pride in what they do.
As our Chief of Staff, you will be working directly with the CEO and the rest of the Executive team to help the company reach its next evolution of growth. We are looking for a jack of all trades, someone who can think strategically about the future of the business while simultaneously driving spotless execution in the weeds. You should yearn for new and growing challenges, be an amazing communicator and be able to develop smart, structured processes. You must possess an entrepreneurial sense of ownership, be results driven and be an amazing problem solver-- from the ability to do complex analysis to conceptual thinking. This role is based in New York City. You will be required to be in the office for part of the week and can work from home on some days. Only New York City based applicants will be considered.
What You’ll Do
- Drive improvements in all company communications: to investors, to potential investors, to employees, to the board, to prospective partners
- Own and run quarterly company prioritization processes
- Manage discrete process improvement projects to be determined in cooperation with the CEO and management team and quickly implement them
- Identify strategic growth opportunities
- Identify and analyze opportunistic corporate and business development opportunities
- Provide decision support through research, analysis of information, and clear presentation of considerations
Who You Are
- Positive, empathetic, personable, and motivating, with a team oriented mindset
- Passionate and energetic, with the ability to work in a fast paced, startup, team environment under tight timelines and resources
- Highly organized with effective communication skills and strategic thinking
- Proactive, flexible and willing to adapt to changing business needs, thriving in ambiguity, and managing multiple moving parts
- Enjoys having fun at work and building strong relationships with teammates, acting with integrity, humility, and kindness
What You Have
- 2-4+ years of operations and/or strategy work
- Proven track record of recruiting in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Management consulting experience (e.g. McKinsey, Bain, BCG, etc.) or a fast growing startup preferred
- Experience using data to analyze performance and drive strategic decision making
- Proven capabilities in evaluating operational gaps/ weaknesses
- Experience building investor presentations a bonus
- Ideally located in New York City or remote for the right candidate. Role will be flexible hybrid (1-3 days per week).
What We’ll Give You
- A supportive, inclusive culture in an organization that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience and mentorship
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous benefits program featuring generous PTO, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and other health benefits, 401K plan, commuter program, learning & development resources, health & wellness perks (i.e. free therapy sessions, discounted pet insurance) and so much more