At Feather, our mission is to transform people's relationship with material goods to create a healthier and happier planet. We are redefining furniture rental for city living and helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes and out of landfills.
About this job
We are looking for a standout chief of staff to work closely with our executive team. As chief of staff, you will have an impact on the innovation, efficiency and productivity of Feather by helping define key business priorities and translating them into comprehensive plans. You will report directly to our COO. If you are a proven leader with advanced problem-solving skills and a track record of delivering on strategic business initiatives, Feather is a fantastic place to leave an imprint. Come join the flock!
What you’ll be doing
- Gather, prioritize and structure critical information for the leadership team to facilitate effective decision making.
- Oversee business initiatives from development through execution under the guidance of Feather team leaders.
- Assist the COO with strategic priorities including budgets, internal and external communications, and other strategic and operational projects.
- Responsible for strategic project management at the highest level, overseeing cross-functional, organization-wide projects and bringing together important stakeholders to help drive decisions.
- Leading and overseeing OKRs at Feather, working with leaders across the company to set, align, and track company goals.
- Ensure that operational priorities are linked to planning and execution, and provide frequent visibility to the leadership team regarding progress towards OKRs.
- Prepare for and facilitate executive meetings, off-sites, and all-hands meetings.
- Engage with key business stakeholders to improve best practices, lean process flow and patterns of behavior.
- Create agendas and ensure follow-up on action items.
- Assist the executive team with the preparation of board and investor pitch decks.
What you need to be successful
- Prior experience and demonstrated success in a chief of staff, strategy or operations-related role, preferably at a fast-growing company
- Demonstrated ability to drive business insights and operational improvement in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Experience delivering compelling presentations and running efficient and productive meetings
- Incredible attention to detail with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Analytical mindset as well as the ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to drive initiatives with minimal structure
- Confidence in modeling business scenarios using G Suite and other tools
Who you are
- A self-starter, motivated by continuously solving hard problems
- Adaptable, intellectually curious and ready to embrace change in dynamic environments
- A great communicator and negotiator
- Excited about joining a small team and growing with us
- Passionate about Feather's mission
- Eligible to work in the United States
What you'll get when you join us
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k), commuter benefits, and HSA/FSA
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- A monthly stipend to support remote work
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest hardware to get the job done