Chief of Staff
As the Chief of Staff at Good Apple, you will play a critical role in driving operational excellence, strategic alignment, and cross-functional collaboration across all departments. You will serve as the strategic liaison to the agency’s C-suite leadership team to ensure efficient communication, effective decision-making, and the successful execution of key initiatives. This role requires a deep understanding of the organization’s goals and values, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution in a remote-first setting.
This trusted advisor will also be responsible for managing the logistics of the CEO’s daily priorities, including scheduling meetings with internal teams and clients, managing follow-ups through our task management platform, and creating meaningful interactions between the C-suite and other agency leaders based on the needs of the business.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Strategic Planning and Execution:
- Collaborate with agency leadership to develop, refine, and execute the agency's strategic plans and goals.
- Monitor progress toward strategic objectives, track key performance indicators, and provide regular updates to the leadership team.
- Operational Excellence:
- Streamline internal processes, identify areas for improvement, and implement strategies to enhance operational efficiency.
- Lead or support special projects to optimize agency workflows, resource allocation, and project management.
- Manage timelines and deliverables for CEO and C-Suite, enforcing accountability and driving towards results.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Foster strong communication and collaboration between different departments, ensuring alignment and coordination in achieving agency-wide objectives.
- Facilitate regular meetings between Discipline and Account teams, share key takeaways and manage follow-ups as necessary to enhance teamwork and cross-channel collaboration.
- Communication and Decision Support:
- Ensure proper materials are prepared for key leadership team meetings, deliver notes, presentations, and analyses to aid in decision-making processes for the agency's leadership.
- Provide insights and recommendations to the leadership team based on industry trends, internal changes/opportunities, and potential challenges.
- Maintain strong relationships with key internal & external stakeholders and leverage these relationships to drive business growth.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar: scheduling internal and client meetings, planning travel, developing an agenda and keeping detailed notes/recap, especially when the CEO is unable to attend live
- Managing meeting follow-ups and deliverables through project management platform
- Serve as liaison with staff, executives, senior leaders, and CEO regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning
- Provide department leads with recommendations and consultation to improve teamwork across the organization with the CEO values and company vision in mind
- Assist the executive team members to determine and prioritize business strategies based on the direction of the organization
- Determine key performance indicators and how to measure leadership team performance
- Appropriately manage and distribute confidential information
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience in leadership, operations, or strategic roles with a fous on operational excellence
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities, administrative coordination, and logistics initiatives concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and build relationships across all levels of the organization
- Analytical mindset, capable of translating data into actionable insights
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Proficiency in various platforms (Microsoft Office, GSuite, Zoom, creative suites)