We're building the professional community platform for the next generation. Ladder is a place where you can find community, make friends, and explore content for every industry, role, interest, or career stage. We're not a job board or an online resume; we're building the best place for the next generation to meaningfully grow their careers.
As an early employee, you’ll be joining a small, fast-moving team of self-starters, where we’re all passionate about creating delight for our users and customers — all while having fun doing it. We’re currently headquartered in San Francisco, and are backed by world-class consumer internet investors including Forerunner Ventures, Seven Seven Six (776), and Pear VC, as well as founders and executives from Reddit, DoorDash, Product Hunt, and more.
We’re quickly growing, and we encourage you to apply if you’re excited to join us right at an inflection point in our growth. As a platform helping our users navigate their careers, we know that your experience might not perfectly align — we’d love to read your application even if your experience doesn’t exactly align with the job description. Feel free to attach a note letting us know more about your path and what makes you stand out!
As Chief of Staff to the CEO, you will be instrumental in taking Ladder from tens of thousands of users to millions of users. You will work directly with Andrew to help shape team culture and implement processes that allows for our company to scale. Our ideal candidate has attention to detail, is highly organized, communicative and has an understanding of how to prioritize. Everyday will be different, but some work streams you can expect to attend to include:
People & Culture
- Building a hiring roadmap / leadership team
- Onboarding new hires
- Organizing company events and other culture-building activities
- Developing company values and principles in close collaboration with the CEO
- Curating our internal documents / folders
- Managing day-to-day office and workplace management
Strategy & Leadership Support
- Preparing materials for upcoming board meetings and investor calls
- Collaborating closely with leadership on strategic planning initiatives
- Providing support to the CEO on miscellaneous tasks
- Bringing structure and processes where needed
- Ensuring cross functional alignment between relevant stakeholders
- Facilitating post-mortems, learnings and feedback sessions with leadership
- Operations - people ops, business ops, legal ops, office ops, ops ops, you name it!
- Building the deck for our Series A and participating in the fundraise
This role is like a as Founder/CEO-in-training. This role is perfect for you if:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience at a high-growth startup, investment bank, consulting firm, tech company, or any other high-stakes operating role
- Extremely organized, adaptable, dependable, responsive, and diligent — you will be an extension of the CEO and being able to follow-through and deliver is very important
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent analytical ability, comfort with ambiguity, and strong bias towards action
- Be able to work in-person at our beautiful, newly renovated office in Downtown San Francisco
- You're passionate about making professional development and career growth accessible to all!
- Know how to code — we use React, TypeScript, Firebase, Python, HTML/CSS
- Experience building or growing a consumer social application
- Experience as a founder or as an early employee at a startup
- Can start ASAP!
Communication, collaboration, and responsibility are core to how we work and what our goals are.
- Communicate openly and transparently — over-communicate, write with others in mind, and commit
- Have a low ego — bring your best self, take ownership and be a team player
- Make magic happen — create delight for users and customers, and have fun doing it
- Do the right thing — demonstrate strong judgment, seek diverse perspectives, and influence the next generation
- Grow fast or die slow — run hard and push the limits
- Be analytical and actionable — make educated decisions and execute
Ladder is proud to be an equal employment workplace committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. By valuing inclusion and diversity of all forms, we strictly prohibit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.