Method is a developer-first API that makes it easy for developers to embed debt repayment on their apps. Method works with over 2,000+ financial institutions enabling payments to any type of consumer debt – including credit cards, student loans, car loans, and mortgages – all through a single API. We manage the entire process, including KYC, flow of funds, and banking partners, allowing developers to go-live in an evening.
We believe every company will become a payments company. Our mission is to simplify money movement for developers, creators, and entrepreneurs.
- You’ll be a 'force multiplier' to the CEO, helping the planning and execution of a wide variety of projects and processes, involving strategy, operations, and ad hoc 'special projects.'
- You’ll be a cross-functional team member and support day-to-day operations of the company; willing to “roll up sleeves” with a “no task is too small” mentality.
- Own critical projects from end-to-end while working with our legal, accounting, HR, product and engineering teams. You will have autonomy over your projects with support from the team when you need it.
- Proactively identify problems ahead of time and help lead the team to solve those problems. High energy and a bias towards action are a must.
- At the end of the day, you’ll get intimately familiar with what it means to be a CEO of a high growth early stage technology startup!
Skills You’ll Need
- You have worked in a fast-paced environment or fast-growing startup that required you to solve complex problems effectively. (No minimum work experience required)
- Ability to think on your feet to creatively solve any problem and an appetite to take on a variety of tasks.
- You're a self-starter and excited to continuously learn and be challenged
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment.
- Strong communication, analytical, research, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work during regular business hours in Austin, TX or CT hours
Bonus points if you’ve…
- Experience in Finance / FinTech
- Experience as an early-stage founder or first 10 employees
- Home Office Stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Full Health Care
- Remote First + Flexible Work Schedule
- Learning Stipend
- Parental Leave
While this could be a long-term role, the Chief of Staff role is also a good fit for a 1-2 year tour of duty followed by a leadership role within the company.
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We encourage you to apply even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description!