DELLI is a simple, fun and inspiring food market and community, in your pocket.
DELLI wants to bring together the most inspiring, creative and independent food brands and businesses, transforming grocery shopping and cooking into the most simple and fun experience.
DELLI is a new concept from Simon Beckerman, also founder of fashion marketplace Depop: a community with 20 million registered users in 147 countries, and a team of over 300 people.
Delli wants to operate on three pillars:
- Community: We want to create a vibrant community that learns from and inspires each other. A community that harnesses the power of food to help create a better, happier life for one another. To embrace all that’s new and interesting in the world of food and it’s varied culture.
- Entrepreneurship: The best businesses are simple. We want to encourage entrepreneurship by creating a platform that makes it easy for new food ventures to flourish. Be it starting a new cloud-based restaurant or diversifying into cookware. DELLI allows both consumers and businesses to fulfill their aspirations.
- Ethical Eating: We are what we eat. And what we eat affects society and the planet. DELLI wants to encourage more ethical eating, whether it’s being more careful about the environment, or labor practices, treatment of food animals, or even the unintended effects of food policy. By empowering the right small businesses and inspiring consumers, we want to make eating better, easier and more fun.
Your role at DELLI
We're on the lookout for a Chief of Staff to join and be part of the independent food scene that's helping to bring good food and people together through our DELLI App (Product launching soon).
Reporting into Simon (CEO/Co-founder) you'll be at the start of, or early into, your Chief of Staff journey to help impact our productivity, streamline our strategic initiatives, oversee program management, and communicate objectives between departments. There’s lots to get involved with:
- You’ll be a point of contact for the leadership team and act as a collaborator within DELLI’s departments. You’ll be critical in planning and executing strategic business decisions.
- Collaborate with the leadership management team through making key decisions, prioritising features and tasks, problem simplification and managing DELLI’s program.
- Design, review and improve on DELLI's organisational and expansion strategy and help address or anticipate relevant issues.
- Partner alongside the CEO and the leadership team in fundraising ventures by actively preparing, presenting and conversing with potential investors.
- Assign actions from management meetings, manage the objectives, priorities and plans of the company.
- Putting in place a Strategic & OKR framework to measure key results, objectives, and initiatives.
- And more…
DELLI is welcoming, real, curious, cultured, and a champion of the small and different. We're an entrepreneurial and creative bunch drawn to the new and interesting. Our role is not exclusive to academic privilege, if you've a way with people, can join the strategic dots, fathom stuff out, and act on the needs of DELLI then read on:
- Have strong aspirations to commit to this type of role and build on your leadership and strategic acumen within a startup environment
- Independent thinker, yet highly collaborative. You love nothing more than focusing on a team agenda and helping to get things done with your solutions-focused mindset
- Able to empathise and understand the needs of people and communities you engage with to ensure comms, strategic processes, and critical thinking reflect our vision
- Able to partner with creative thinkers to formulate robust project management plans
- Have a way with words and storytelling that can excite and inspire others to participate in our mission
- Experience in partnering with leadership to help explore, assess and execute on strategic activities
A passion for good food and quality products in general will be a plus. If you're always on the lookout for new and interesting people and flavours, or always chewing someone's ear off about delicious and local foods/drinks discovered in your area, then we're your community!
- Be part of the launch of something truly exceptional
- Opportunity to build a platform impacting millions of lives, and making the world a better place
- Build a world-class technology stack from the ground up
- You will get a competitive salary in line with your skills, experience, and potential
- Equity, everyone owns a piece of the company.
- Delli embraces an environment with flexible hours and a complete focus on value creation rather than time tracking
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box, but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you are excited about working for us, and think you can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!