Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is seeking a Chief of Staff to lead the business management and communication team for construction. The role will directly report to the Org CVP and will work alongside senior leaders in the organization to drive business strategy and execution. As Chief of Staff, you will help to drive the rhythm of the business, including continued Fundamentals report-outs, leadership meetings, and bi-annual strategy sessions- thinking holistically and strategically about key business processes, organizational effectiveness, employee engagement, and business communications. You will have exposure to work closely with key partners across the company, including finance, C+AI business managers, CELA, and HR, to drive strategic priorities and execution roadmaps and enable teams to effectively execute against their plans. You will provide business insights and support through reporting and analytics and will drive continuous process improvement and simplification to remove obstacles and enable teams to succeed in this highly dynamic and growing global environment.
CO+I is responsible for planning, building and operating Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure datacenters across the globe. The organizational scope includes supply planning and strategic acquisition, global construction, datacenter and edge site operations, critical environment and availability, engineering, and datacenter innovation. Being part of this team would give you an opportunity to work with a global team of professionals to drive the safe and efficient construction of data centers in a rapidly growing business with a multi-billion dollar annual budget, have global customer impact, and drive strategic execution for operations of the construction function at scale.
- Business Management: Manage and facilitate the rhythm of business (RoB) for the Leadership Team, including regular LT meetings and off-sites, semester planning, monthly OKR Reviews, C+AI Pillar reviews, employee All Hands, monthly Capex Council reviews. Continually drive alignment and execution of the core business priorities. Prepare for, and follow-up, executive customer meetings.
- Strategic Initiatives: Drive strategic initiatives or cross-group projects contributing to the overall organizational strategy as needed to meet the changing business environment and ensure the team is achieving commitments. Create and implement accurate plans and develop success metrics and communication approaches for these initiatives and projects.
- Financial Management: Lead budget planning and forecasting process, hiring strategy, and resource management in alignment with the ROB. Manage report-outs of the team's OPEX and COGS budget, headcount and spend in partnership with business managers and finance to ensure effective budget management for a multi-billion-dollar annual budget.
- Executive Communications: Oversee the communication function, including employee engagement, to drive impactful internal and external comms, messaging, content for team meetings, All-Hands and other events. Manage the CVP’s external communications for customer and industry engagements.
- Culture and Employee Experience Programs: Partner with HR, CO+I’s Learning and Development team, and the D&I team to drive MS Poll action planning initiatives. Drive University Recruiting, conferences recruiting participation, and diversity & inclusion program hiring in partnership with Global Talent Acquisition organization, HR and the CO+I D&I leader.
- People Management: The role holder is also responsible for working with HR business managers in all people related processes and head count management.
- Strong project management and organization skills, with the ability and passion around people management
- A track record of effectively collaborating across groups, to drive clarity and effectiveness in rhythm of business.
- Proactiveness and a strong positive outlook and approach to change management
- Strong business acumen and mental agility to ramp quickly across our diverse business and offerings.
- Enjoy working under pressure and deadlines, with a strong ability to manage complexity while driving clarity.
- Proven effectiveness driving complex multi-stakeholder planning processes, driving cross-team programs to desired results.
- Ability to simplify complex ideas into easy-to-understand concepts for communications.
- Demonstrated strong capability in verbal and written communications skills across a geographically dispersed audience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with MBA preferred.
- 10+ years business management or program management in a technology organization
- 2+ years in business operations or datacenter domain experience preferred.
- Microsoft experience would be beneficial.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.