Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting products in Microsoft, passionate about exceeding customer expectations and advancing Microsoft's cloud first strategy?
Microsoft Azure provides customers with on-demand and infinitely scalable infrastructure and platform for customers to build, host, and scale service applications on the Internet through Microsoft’s global data centers. If you are interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about cloud computing technology and driving growth in one of Microsoft's core businesses, then look no further than the Azure Customer Experience Team! The Azure Customer Experience team is a product and service engineering team within Azure engineering responsible for migrating customers to Azure, ensuring reliable and resilient architecture, and end-to-end management and care for Azure customers and their workloads.
The Azure CXP Support Organization are looking for an experienced “Chief of Staff” to partner with and report to the Azure CXP Support General Manager (GM). The Chief of Staff will be a valued member of the Azure CXP Support Leadership Team (LT). This individual will lead CXP Support’s Rhythm of the Business, team communications and executive communications (external and internal), team connectedness, and management processes. You will partner closely with the GM to shape the mission of the team, lead and contribute to special projects, and help develop the value system of the team. You must have the ability to think strategically at a global level and effectively develop key processes, procedures and communications that facilitate business planning and execution. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, excellent communication skills, and the ability to build compelling internal/external presentations and comprehensive business review materials.
Azure provides customers with an on-demand and infinitely scalable infrastructure and platform for customers to build, host, and scale service applications on the Internet through Microsoft’s global data centers. We take a solution-centric approach, providing customers with Microsoft Azure engineers, tools and best practices significantly increasing customer success with Azure. Our goal is to make the customer journey to the cloud as seamless as possible.
As the Chief of Staff, you are responsible for the organizational and operational effectiveness of the business.
Business Process: Lead and coordinate the CXP Support ROB and improve processes to run the business efficiently. The Chief of Staff will establish the Rhythm of the Business for the team, and work with CXP, Finance and HR organizations to coordinate business processes and management control processes etc. Partner with CXP Support Leaders, finance and the procurement desk to ensure effective budget management and forecasting. Partner with staffing teams to meet hiring requirements and elevate staffing conversations with the LT. Develop and cultivate cross organizational stakeholder relationships to amplify alignment with critical internal partners, i.e., Azure Leadership, CXP Leadership, and Sales and Service Leadership.
Business Strategy, Planning and Leadership: Lead and manage the CXP Support Leadership Team (LT) and staff meetings focused on collaboration and very clear outcomes. Partner with the CXP Support LT to manage the planning process ensuring coordination with corporate planning processes as well as planning integration across the broader org. Work with cross-division and cross-company/team counterparts to manage team participation as needed for key business events, next fiscal year planning, running operational business reviews, MYR, QBR and other strategic business planning activities. Drive strategic thought leadership by managing the ROB, driving workbacks, and taking the pen where needed to drive executive deliverables. Drive CXP Support team OKR setting and review processes. Develop and drive business strategic and annual strategic priority planning process.
Communications: Plan and execute GM’s communications strategy and vehicles that support organizational strategic missions. Drive internal communications for team meetings and other internal communications at major milestones. Plan and manage team meetings including All Hands, staff meetings and manager meetings. Manage the GM’s external communications for customer/partner engagements, speaking engagements to ensure successful and impactful use of GM’s time.
Business Integration: Drive strategic initiatives and provide thought leadership. Identify issues that impede business group success and provide solutions/recommendations. Identify opportunities to create cross group collaboration and synergies. Orchestrate team design conversation and facilitate successful implementation of organizational plans. Demonstrate discretion and professionalism when working with the CXP Support leadership team on sensitive business and organizational issues, manage ambiguity and propose workable solutions to challenging problems.
Team Development / People Enablement: Help make the CXP Support organization a great place to work in Microsoft by partnering with HR and the leadership team to shape and drive the people agenda, lead team health initiatives including participation in the WHI v-team. Partner with HR to drive MS Poll action planning. Define, plan and drive cross-team process improvements (e.g., team recognition, development of business plans and RoB). Provide insights and listening systems to evaluate and improve organization and employee health.
Special Projects: Drive high-impact cross-team projects as needed to meet the changing business environment and ensure the team is achieving commitments. Successful project management, including work with strategy consultants and other external agencies, on strategic efforts that require hands-on experience across multiple functional disciplines and business organizations.
- 8+ years experience in program management, management consulting, finance, marketing, engineering or business management.
- 10+ years of proven management experience and results in a technology organization, with experience across multiple disciplines
- 6+ years of experience driving high performing teams to design, build, evaluate, support, and continuously improve global programs
- Current or previous experience as a chief of staff within a global engineering and/or global support organization
- Strong knowledge and understanding of global 7x24 customer support/success businesses and rhythms
- Very strong passion for servicing and delighting customers
- Consistent track record of driving strategy and influencing senior leaders
- Proven track record of thought leadership, leading change for improvement
- Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, project management, time management, and negotiation skills
- Ability to handle, track and communicate a multitude of details at many organizational levels within multiple projects and relay status promptly
- Strong written skills and strong verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and has demonstrated ability presenting in senior leadership forums
- Ability to work well in any situation pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Adept at working with other groups to identify and improve processes
- Ability to deliver tough messages diplomatically and quickly be solution-oriented creating win-win solutions
- Proven ability to design and balance strategic priorities against tactical needs
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Outstanding Collaboration Skills, Ability to finesse situations and work extremely well across teams and across organizations
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills. Ability to build rapport with personnel of all levels.
- Capable of strong individual contribution and influence across non-direct reporting
- Proven track record in project and business management
- Experience leading and executing projects in a complex organizational environment and ability to work and progress on several diverse projects at the same time
- Ability and strong emotional maturity to work in a productive and cooperative way with a variety of people ranging from CVPs to individual contributors and support staff
- Ability to translate ideas into clear, high impact communications (e.g. emails, papers)
- Ability to maintain good judgment in fast-paced environments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.