At InStride, we’re pioneering a new approach to workforce education. Our mission is to enable employers to provide life-changing education to their employees in partnership with the highest-quality global academic institutions. We unlock business and social impact to transform companies and people for the future.
We believe that a company’s richest resource is their employees, and that investments in people yield the highest returns for individuals, businesses, and society as a whole. That’s why every InStride employee is eligible to enroll in 1,700+ online certificate and degree programs through our Step Forward program. Unlike traditional tuition reimbursement programs, InStride covers your tuition upfront, regardless of your course of study, degree type, or school. The Step Forward program, along with InStride’s best-in-class employee benefits , are available to all employees from the day they join InStride.
Read further to see how you can be part of the movement to drive businesses and society forward through life-changing, best-in-class workforce education.
InStride is seeking a strategic and motivated Chief of Staff & VP, Communications. This is a dynamic executive leadership role that will manage a variety of initiatives & business operations matters on behalf of the CEO, working alongside C-Staff leadership to drive business impact. The role will oversee external, internal and executive communications, thought leadership and public affairs for InStride.
- Serve as a thought partner, driver, and integrator for cross-functional workstreams & projects with a high degree of follow-through
- Implement significant strategic, operational, & cultural agendas calling for considerable development, growth and/or implementation management
- Lead planning & execution for C-Staff, Board-level and all-company meetings, including setting & communicating agenda, driving agenda during the meeting, and following up on next steps
- Ensure CEO has appropriate cadence and preparation for meetings with key InStride partners and support management of CEO’s external memberships and events
- Represent & amplify the CEO's needs, vision, and agenda; work with executive administration to drive projects
- Be a consistent and effective communicator who links CEO, C-Staff & InStriders
- Work with the CMO and communications agencies to develop strategy to extend the InStride brand
- Drive execution of communications efforts including all media interviews, speaking opportunities, news releases and social media content
- Work collaboratively with other C-Staff leaders to develop company messages in support of their various teams
- 8+ years professional experience, with at least 3 years in strategy/management consulting and/or related experience. Experience in education, EdTech and/or workforce education space preferred
- Experience partnering with senior level executive teams, both internally and externally, to solve complex problems, build consensus, and effectuate new ideas
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization skills, with comfort managing & prioritizing dozens of projects/initiatives at any given time, while also handling day-to-day business operations needs
- High organizational and political intelligence to reduce friction/blockers and improve overall team efficiency
- Ability to strategically envision, delegate and implement multi-pronged communications outreach across various media channels, including national and global opportunities
- Experience leading strategic corporate or brand communications in-house or at an agency preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, including ability to tailor to internal and external audiences, and a talent for telling stories in a compelling manner
- Model executive-level composure, discernment and integrity with proprietary and sensitive information
- Motivated by InStride’s mission and the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers a compelling value and has a meaningful impact on society
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a fast-paced, “no job too small” startup mentality
- Greater Los Angeles, CA strongly preferred, or a willingness to relocate to the Los Angeles area. This role will be designated a hybrid employee and will be expected to work from InStride’s new office in Downtown Los Angeles one to three days per week, in alignment with the CEO’s schedule.
InStride is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please discuss your requested accommodation with our HRBP.
Effective November 1, 2021, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved by the People & Talent team in writing.
If you are looking to apply for one of our Remote opportunities, please know that InStride is only able to employ candidates from the following states.