Chief of Staff and Head | Senior Director of Business Practices
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
Who You Are
We are looking for a Chief of Staff (COS) and Head of Business Practices reporting to the Chief Business Officer (CBO). The COS will help lead us to scale by putting together a framework for strategy to execution, financial planning, scalable business practices, and helping jumpstart new/growth initiatives, by collaborating with functions across the business. As a critical thinker and catalyst for change management, the COS will be responsible for landing key strategic initiatives, keeping the team focused & executing on business priorities. You will also collaborate across the business to ensure cross-functional alignment of goals and execution.
- Reporting into the Chief Business Officer (CBO), you will be a strategic partner and responsible for maintaining the operational rhythm of the business, including OKRs and annual planning.
- Plan and manage the long range and annual strategy and planning cycles, aligning with finance and other relevant parts of the business.
- Set standard for global business practices including overall operating rhythm, process development, systems, and supporting teams with execution
- Identify opportunities and gaps in the business and propose/own special projects that will need to be created
- Partner with the marketing, strategy and operations leadership team to uncover strengths and challenges (business/growth opportunities, org design, operations, systems etc.) and help them become more effective
- Become a Braze expert and act as a trusted counsel to the CBO and other leaders. Act as the CBO’s proxy as and when needed
- Get a deep understanding of the operating metrics of the business to identify and propose new initiatives/areas of investments.
- Build strong partnerships and strategic alignment with executive leaders and key cross-functional stakeholders
- Drive/oversee cross-functional projects/initiatives from development through to execution including new product introduction
- Manage the agenda for CBO leadership meetings, prioritizing key initiative discussions and decision making. Support with executive and internal communications
- Foster talent within the business operations team and cultivate a culture of high performance and satisfaction
What You Have
- 12+ years of experience in Chief of staff/business planning/ strategy/ operations related roles at a SaaS company
- Previous Chief Of Staff or business practices experience
- Proven experience in strategic thinking, organizational agility, and cross-team collaboration
- Passionate about driving operational excellence, with experience in planning, creating, and managing budgets.
- Ability to navigate and network and lead by influence across departments to build consensus around critical initiatives
- Experience coordinating, directing and guiding the work of teams within a high growth organization
- Self starter with an entrepreneurial mentality with experience working on complex, ambiguous projects across multiple teams. Creative approach to new ideas, experimentation with new initiatives that could fuel growth
- Data drive and measurable outcomes driven approach to work and initiatives
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $190,000 and $225,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $230,000 and $270,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
What We Offer
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.