Chief of Staff
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
The Sales Enablement, Pricing, & Transformation (SPT) team is the business analysis and business decisioning arm of Global Commercial Services (GCS) responsible for studying business performance and uncovering actionable insights to architect GCS growth and strengthen the culture of compliance and control.
The Chief of Staff within SPT Sales Enablement will be partnering with U.S. SME sales and account development organizations. This position reports directly to the VP of SPT Sales Enablement and will be managing strategic projects that will span across entire Sales and Account Development organizations. They will be the key thought partner to US SME leadership team on special projects, including annual Strategic Planning, Learning & Development initiatives, and Operations & Governance initiatives. The Chief of Staff will work very closely with several cross-functional partners including Operational Excellence, U.S. SME Commercial Effectiveness & Governance, SABE, Finance and other supporting teams.
The ideal candidate has familiarity with sales and account development teams and will coordinate across key partners to ensure there is alignment and collaboration on priorities. They will possess thought leadership, strategic thinking, communication, and organizational skills, and will have a proven record of excellence operating independently and within a strong team environment.
- Build strong relationships with US SME Sales and Account Development teams and other key business partners to understand business objectives / challenges and formulate solutions
- Serve as a PMO to lead to highly complex, business-critical deliverables from inception to completion and act with an agile approach
- Challenge the status quo. Facilitate meetings, build an agenda, create a space for everyone to collaborate/ contribute and challenge the status quo
- Act proactively with a strategic approach by using strong business intuition and a high degree of creativity to uncover opportunities for optimization and new process design
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, marketing or PMO
- Strategic: Ability to adopt a broad view and link business strategies to initiatives. Strong grasp of the Sales and AD organizations. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication: Outstanding ability to write compelling messages addressed to various audiences within the organization
- Project Management: Strong project management skills with proven record of successful results on complex, large-scale, cross-functional initiatives
- Customer Management: Proactively anticipate customer needs and deliver on the promise. Build strong business relationships, and influence to drive organization-wide and senior leader-level alignment; collaborate and demonstrate genuine teamwork within and outside the GCS organization
- Results Oriented: Ability to manage multiple and complex workstreams and work across departmental boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in ground-breaking outcomes. Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced and highly matrixed environment
- Strong work ethic with a will-to-win attitude!
- Undergraduate degree required
Salary Range: $90,000.00 to $165,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- 6% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Free financial coaching and financial well-being support
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- 20+ weeks paid parental leave for all parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
For a full list of Team Amex benefits, visit our Colleague Benefits Site.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.