Chief of Staff
Rex is an ecosystem that incubates, launches and operates tech startups across a number of sectors at the intersection of technology and real estate: Services, FinTech, InsureTech, Data Services, and more. We are creating the Future of Real Estate by building and launching multiple tech companies committed to serving and empowering people everywhere.
We are launching synergistic tech startups that will scale via real estate into numerous industries creating a flywheel effect where each launch strengthens the value of the network, increases the talent density, accelerates cross-pollination of ideas, and creates mutually beneficial corporate and technical infrastructure.
Review our initiatives page for more details on the current companies and our culture page to understand who we are.
Job Role Overview
Rex founder and CEO, Peter Rex, is seeking a Chief of Staff to serve as an extension of the CEO, catalyzing initiatives across Rex. Key areas of focus include but are not limited to media, investor relations, and market research (particularly tech). Gravitas and the ability to command the respect of a cross-functional team is needed. You will work alongside senior leadership within Rex which provides access across all teams. Project team members need high aptitude for strategically identifying problems and opportunities; you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to tackle the issues at hand. With raw talent, street smarts, systematic thinking, and the hustle of a true builder - you will find a way or make one.
What You’ll Do
- Provide leverage to the CEO, catalyzing action on high priority projects being driven by the office of the CEO.
- Connecting the dots, ensuring alignment across many Rex initiatives.
- Peeking around corners, identifying/mitigating problems before they occur.
- Provide white glove service to investors and potential investors.
- Oversee social media activities and investment collateral, with an eye toward building credibility with a sophisticated client base.
- Client Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
What You Offer
- 5 or more years of experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong business acumen
- Proven track record of results
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A self-starter with a growth mindset.
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
- Rex ecosystem initiatives
- Rex news & Op-Eds
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and early-in equity awards
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited (discretionary) PTO in addition to Holidays and your birthday off
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health telecounseling options
- We are committed to serving others with a focus on faith, family, and freedom
- The position is based in Austin, Texas
From the top-down, we are committed to investing in the development of all team members in both a professional and personal setting. We host monthly company socials where employees and family members get together to build our community. Regular performance evaluations are intended to provide a feedback loop, providing opportunities for consistent growth on both ends.