Chief of Staff
A little bit about us…
PaintJet is a vertically integrated robotics company automating the industrial painting market. We are a Series A global workforce company addressing the systemic labor shortage by implementing advanced robotics to paint large scale industrial facilities such as marine ships and wind turbines. Our recent feature in CNBC shares more about our story.
A little bit about the role…
As the Chief of Staff, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the CEO and the leadership team in achieving our strategic goals. You will act as a key advisor, strategist, and right-hand person to the CEO, ensuring efficient operations, effective decision-making, and alignment across the organization. The Chief of Staff will travel 1-2 times a month alongside the CEO. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with senior leadership and contribute to the growth and success of PaintJet.
While this role is remote, we are looking for our Chief of Staff to be able to be on site in Norfolk, Virginia for 3 days out of every month and travel 1-2 times a month with the CEO.
The Chief of Staff will be responsible for the following:
- Strategic Advisor: Collaborate with the CEO to develop and execute the company's strategic initiatives. Provide insights, analysis, and recommendations to drive growth and operational excellence.
- Project Management: Lead and manage critical projects, ensuring timely execution and delivery of key objectives. Coordinate cross-functional teams, set project goals, and monitor progress. Typical projects include market research, competitive analysis and grant funding exploration
- Communications & Collaboration: Act as a communication hub between the CEO and various teams, ensuring alignment on company objectives and facilitating transparent and effective communication across the organization.
- Data Analysis: Collect and analyze data to identify trends, opportunities, and challenges. Prepare reports and presentations to support decision-making.
- Executive Support: Provide high-level administrative support to the CEO, including managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and preparing materials for meetings.
- Culture and Values: Help foster and reinforce the company's culture, values, and mission across all levels of the organization.
As a member of the PaintJet leadership team, you will:
- Demonstrate a passion for values alignment, open communication, strategic focus and clarity across the organization and leadership team.
- Participate in industry thought leadership, discussions and events helping key markets understand PaintJet’s model compared to traditional service options.
- Champion company core values and foster a healthy organizational culture.
To ensure you're set up for success in this role from day one, PaintJet is looking for candidates who have most of the following:
Skills, Abilities, Attitude
- Can-do mindset with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple objectives in high stakes situations.
- High aptitude to learn quickly, assimilate to new teams and projects, and work well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail.
- Comfortable with the pace, scrappiness and dynamic environment within a growing startup that requires wearing many hats.
- Intellectual curiosity mindset, above and beyond the defined role, and enthusiasm for high-growth businesses.
Education & Work Related Experience
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in business, management, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of proven experience in a similar role, such as Chief of Staff, Strategy Consultant, or Project Manager, preferably in a startup environment.
- Track record of successfully leading, managing and delivering complex projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail while understanding the big picture.
- Possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Highly adaptable and have the ability to handle ambiguity.
- Proficiency in data analysis, project management and presentation creation.
The ideal COS candidate should also have:
- Experience working with private equity or venture-backed startups.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of stakeholders (from interns to executives, investors, and board members).
- Confidence to provide regular insights to senior leadership and push back when needed.
Why you will love working with PaintJet:
- We Embrace the Challenge - What we’re doing is hard (really, really hard). When things get difficult, that is when we are at our best. We thrive in growth environments and embrace the opportunities that come as a result.
- We Lead with Curiosity - We ask questions and challenge the status quo. We truly want to understand the WHY behind the reason so we can move forward to a brighter future.
- We Respect the Individual - Each of us is different, and we wouldn’t have it any other way. We come from diverse backgrounds, diverse cultures, and have different ideas. These differences are celebrated and are the key to unlocking our next breakthrough.
- We are One Team - When one of us succeeds, we all succeed. We are in this together, and we achieve great things together.
Reasons it pays to work at PaintJet (in addition to the pay itself):
- Competitive base salary and performance bonuses
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Company Stock Options
- Exceptional training and growth opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every. single. qualification. At PaintJet, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and just workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with 100% of the qualifications listed, we encourage you to still apply. Our hiring philosophy looks to weed people INTO our process, not weed them out! Who knows, you may be just the right candidate for a future role with PaintJet. Just go for it... submit your resume!