Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
You are a business operations enthusiast who knows the importance of effective communication, relentless pursuit of results, and accountability for common objectives within an organization. Reporting to the CEO, the Chief of Staff will be a key part of company leadership with a goal of helping to drive key global initiatives outlined by our CEO and the executive team.
The Chief of Staff will carry the responsibility of ensuring that the CEO and senior business leaders have the processes and structures in place to accomplish the objectives and key results they set out to achieve. This role will also be responsible for crafting all company wide internal communications in order to ensure a clear and consistent message whenever we have a global message to our people.
- Maximize the CEO’s effectiveness by leveraging his time in a way that ensures a focus on the highest priority organizational issues and initiatives; help with schedule and calendar management that reflects these priorities
- Work with the CEO’s direct reports to track progress on business objectives for their respective departments
- Join CEO in attending business strategy meetings in order to confirm action items and follow-up with meeting attendees to ensure commitments are met
- Serve as key project manager for annual OKR development and tracking; ensure leaders are regularly updating OKRs
- Serve as a sounding board for the CEO, which requires the COS has business insight
- Processing the information from meetings and actively identifying synergies or conflicts with other initiatives/meetings
- Doing the legwork to pre-process information for easier consumption for quicker decisions
- Doing research into a topic that may require guidance e.g. organizational structures, verticalization strategies, effective Go-to-Market planning, etc.
**Executive Leadership Team **
- Serve as a member of Liferay’s Executive Leadership Team
- Support the CEO in coordinating and leading monthly ELT meetings, including slide deck preparation and report-out to other company executives
- Drive decision-making within the ELT, track commitments and follow up to ensure members are clear on next steps and deliverables
- Provide monthly update on OKR attainment during ELT meetings
**Internal Communications **
- Lead planning and development of quarterly company-wide meetings, including preparation timelines and rehearsals; collect feedback and make recommendations on opportunities to improve
- Spearhead consistent approach to company-wide communications, including a strategy to maximize existing communications platforms (Slack, Confluence, etc.)
- Identify opportunities to maximize the effectiveness of CEO messages; develop regular communications cadence to executive-level employees
- Accomplished business leader with 10+ years of professional success
- Experience working with C-suite executives
- Strong communicator with tangible examples of driving cross-team collaboration and alignment
- Project management skills with specific experience driving on time delivery against commitments on behalf of a team or organization
- Flexible and adaptable; ability to shift quickly from detail-oriented projects to collaborative strategic planning discussions
- Experience managing a team (preferred)
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor** **
- Working at a leading open source company