WTHN - the first modern brand for holistic healing rooted in Traditional Chinese Medicine, with acupuncture studios and related products - is seeking a strategic and operational right-hand for the Founder / CEO and Head of Strategy. This individual will develop and implement strategic priorities and operational + administrative processes. The Chief of Staff will enable efficient cross-functional collaboration and data-driven decisions, and support investor relations.
We’re a fast-growing, mission-oriented brand seeking a personable, efficient, and flexible high performer with a passion for helping others lead their best lives. You thrive in a dynamic environment, are constantly striving to learn and evolve, and excel at both strategic initiatives and day-to-day operational tasks. And, you’re excited to contribute to a collaborative culture and company building from the ground up.
WTHN is backed by top tier venture capital funds as well as founders of Goop, Sweetgreen, Soul Cycle, SLT, Heyday and more. In addition to high-growth start-up exposure, perks include free acupuncture and other wellness services + products as well as access to events and discounts from other wellness brand partners.
The responsibilities and duties described below are representative and not a comprehensive list.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Act as a ‘right-hand’ to Founder/CEO and Head of Strategy + Operations advising and assisting in effective decision-making, project management and execution of strategic projects
- Support ongoing investor relations including board meetings, strategic conversations, reporting and future fundraising activity
- Work with the management team to help build and implement company strategy, making data-driven decisions
- Support day-to-day company operations; willing to “roll up sleeves” as needed with a “no task is too small” mentality
- Manage and ensure appropriate and timely follow up on internal and external requests for information or action
- Oversee day-to-day supply chain activity including forecasting, vendor communications and order management in support of our growing Ecommerce and Wholesale businesses
- Optimize company-wide financial modeling/reporting and leverage data to support strategic decisions
WHAT YOU’VE DONE AND HAVE
- Experience: Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution; Minimum 2 years experience at a top-tier consulting firm or investment bank looking for hands-on operating experience, OR 2 years in operations at a high-growth start-up
- Data Driven with Sharp Technical Skills + Tech Savvy: Strong data analysis and financial modeling skills (Excel, PowerPoint), including multi-unit models and sensitivity analyses. Eager to learn new tech platforms. BI Tools and Warehouse Management Software a plus
- Highly Organized & Detail Oriented: Ability to juggle multiple work streams, keeping each organized with acute attention to detail, responsiveness, deadlines, and accountability
- Exceptional Communicator: Ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner across a wide range of formats (agendas, email, presentations, company-wide meetings, etc.). Glass is half-full attitude.
- Flexible & Problem solver: Jump enthusiastically into varied situations and new challenges with a mission-driven, solution-seeking attitude.
- Dynamic: Experience in challenging, fast-paced environments has developed your ability to navigate and work successfully with different personalities and build trust quickly
- Collaborative: Experience working with cross-functional deal teams. Team player, Understanding of the need for an inclusive, diverse, and healthy work environment and the ability to help create and maintain that space
- Personal passion for wellness and/or Traditional Chinese Medicine
Please send your resume with a short cover letter describing why you’d be the perfect fit to Christy@wthn.com.