Chief of Staff
Together with landowners, Arbonics is building a new forest economy to scale forest carbon removal and increase biodiversity of European forests. Arbonics was founded in 2022 by Kristjan Lepik and Lisett Luik, and is backed by Taavet Hinrikus, Plural Platform, and Nordic Ninja.
As the Chief of Staff, you will play a key role in increasing the cohesion of our team, and supporting the founders in strategic decision-making. You will be the glue, enabling the company to achieve its mission and ambitious growth targets.
- Improve our processes: Streamline workflows and communication channels to make sure we’re all on the same page and working
- Support cross-team collaboration: Be an additional connection point (alongside the founders) in making sure different teams are all communicating & sharing info
- Goalkeeping & tracking: Develop and implement KPIs to monitor the company's progress, identifying areas for improvement and taking corrective actions as needed
- Communications: Assist in crafting internal and external communications, ensuring consistency in messaging and alignment with the company's mission
- Own the team feedback and development programs: Support talent development initiatives, mentorship programs, and fostering a positive and inclusive company culture
- KPI System Management: Implement and maintain a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) tracking system, enhancing and building upon our existing solution to ensure effective performance measurement and management
- Strategic Initiative Leadership: Take the lead in successfully delivering key strategic initiatives within the first year, ensuring these initiatives are fully aligned with the company's mission and contribute significantly to our strategic goals
- Minimum 10 years of experience in roles in management, strategy, operations, or a related field, preferably in the environmental, forestry, or carbon credit sectors
- Proven experience in fostering cross-team collaboration and communication, acting as a liaison alongside founders to enhance team synergy
- Strong skills in crafting both internal and external communications
- Experience in supporting strategic decision-making processes, aiding founders and executives in making informed, impactful choices
- A demonstrated ability to work towards ambitious growth targets, contributing to the overall mission and success of the company.
- Experience in the climate or sustainability sector
- Previous experience working in a startup environment or high-growth company
- Knowledge of venture capital, fundraising, or financial planning
- Opportunity to join an early stage, high growth startup
- Base salary + equity (if working full-time)
- Flexible work, remote work
- As much freedom and responsibility as you can handle
- Health, training and development package