Chief of Staff
NinjaTrader is an investor-backed, exciting growth stage FinTech company servicing hundreds of thousands of traders by providing award winning software and brokerage services. We are seeking a highly motivated and driven individual to report directly to our CEO and join our Leadership Team to “ride shotgun” as we execute on a bold and complex strategic plan.
The Chief of Staff will be able to parachute into various projects and problems and help define the answers and pathways to success. An ideal candidate is eager to learn, highly adaptable, can build interpersonal relationships with Senior Leadership and act as a consultant and consiglieri to the CEO. Previous experience understanding the inner-workings of a fast-paced growth stage organization and cross-functional exposure is a must. This person must love data, modeling, forecasting, project planning, and have the ability to quickly distill complex information into a manageable plan. This person will have a front-row seat to beautiful chaos and must be willing to ride the roller coaster with their hands up from day number one.
- Act as the personal analyst, consultant, and project manager for the CEO
- Work cross functionally with Executives and Senior leadership to ensure execution on the businesses most critical and strategic projects
- Distill complex and messy data into valuable business insights
- Project manage several project plans while assisting project stakeholders to ensure success, making real-time adjustments when needed
- Assist CEO in preparation for Board and Investor meetings; including deck prep
- Act as corporate secretary keeping meeting notes for Board calls, executive meetings, and other meetings as needed
- Work with CFO and other stakeholders to develop a weekly and monthly reporting package for the CEO; monitor and identify trends with core metrics, KPIs, and industry and competitive insights
- Write detailed business briefs and plans explaining your findings and associated recommendations
- Work with CFO and FinOps Teams to build detailed forecasting models; support quarterly budgeting process and ad-hoc forecast revisions
- Build complex process workflows and diagrams to help business stakeholders understand experience journeys- in collaboration with Operations, Marketing, and User Experience Teams
- Document and define SOPs across the organization as needed; help the CEO understand complex and granular processes; you will be asked to dive in, distill it down, and document it
- Participate in hiring process as needed; assist HR and interview candidates for critical roles
- You are an “honesty broker” for the CEO; you’ll “tell it like it is” and ensure any potential blind spots are addressed; share direct and candid feedback about anything and everything in the organization
- Act as proxy for the CEO when needed; attending meetings in their place and distilling an hour-long meeting down to a 5-minute summary
- Requires a bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus 5+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity/investing, or management consulting
- Prior experience supporting or covering growth stage financial services, technology, or FinTech businesses
- Extremely analytical; you must be able to consume large amounts of messy data and create complex models and financial forecasts
- Wicked project management skills – experience with project management software and ability to distill complex projects into understandable plans with associated timelines and budget; our CEO loves a quality GANTT chart
- Ability to create executive level briefing documents that can be used to facilitate strategic conversations with Executive Leadership and the Board of Managers
- Ability to develop relationships with Executive leadership and instill confidence while building a foundation for mutual trust
- Business Savvy and able to dive into any area of the organization and understand the business needs; strong understanding of how business functions interact and depend on each other
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate with everyone from the Board of managers down to an individual retail customer and everyone in-between
- Ability to diffuse work conflict without bringing it to the attention of the executive leader using strong interpersonal skills; exceptional EQ Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly resourceful – able to find a way to get things done. You take ownership of deliverables, hit deadlines, and provide an outstanding work product all while having exceptional attention to detail You must understand the critical nature of your role while not being “above” anything.
- No task is too large or small. You’ll wear many hats. Some of them will be stylish and comfortable. Others will be bulky and look ridiculous. You can happily wear either one – and you’ll own it. While we strive for work/life balance and that will be the standard, the Office of the CEO may be required to jump into fire drills at a moment’s notice. Critical projects and emergencies sleep for nobody, and you must be willing to dive in and in some cases direct traffic Willing to travel if needed
Perks And Benefits
- Competitive PTO Paid HolidaysGenerous Remote Work ProgramComprehensive Benefits Package including: Health, Vision, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance401K with Company Match
NinjaTrader will soon be moving into new office space at 222 N. LaSalle in Chicago. All NinjaTrader employees are currently working remote from the firm’s main office due to COVID 19.
Immediate opening available. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!