We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn't initially think of.
The future of work has arrived - remote work is here to stay! Companies everywhere are adopting and defining new models for working in distributed teams, but they often lack the tools they need to hire, manage, and pay those teams. That’s where we come in. Lano is one smart platform that gives companies of any size everything they need to build the best teams on the planet.
Lano is a place for people who love remote work. We’re an experienced global team, led by serial entrepreneurs and backed by best-in-class investors. You’ll find us working from our Berlin HQ - one of the coolest capitals in Europe - together with remote teammates around the world.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Chief of Staff to join our leadership team. As the Chief of Staff at Lano, you will play a pivotal role in driving our company's growth and success. Reporting directly to the two founders, you will collaborate closely with the leadership team to ensure seamless execution of key initiatives and strategic projects.
- Lead and execute (from prioritization until execution) cross-functional initiatives and strategic projects that includes goals such as enhancing operational efficiency and overall company success
- Manage the full strategy process and company roadmap, aligning teams towards common goals and driving execution and accountability regarding on-time delivery of actions and outcomes.
- Lead investor reporting efforts, ensuring timely and accurate communication of financial performance and growth strategies
- Oversee KPI tracking and analysis, providing insights to inform data-driven decision-making
- Spearhead internal communications initiatives to foster effective information flow and engagement across the organization and strengthen the communication between the team, people leaders and management.
- Support the founders setting the right priorities and advice founders and senior leaders on high-impact topics and key initiatives, such as fundraising, organizational structuring, etc.
What you need to succeed:
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, or a similar field; MBA preferred
- 4+ years of proven success within a high-pace environment, such as high-growth startup, consulting, private equity/VC or comparable, ideally already as Chief of Staff or similar strategic role
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical mindset: You have excellent analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to collect and analyze data from multiple points both from inside and outside the organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, adept at building relationships at all levels of the organization and creating alignment across many stakeholders.
- Fluency in German is a bonus
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and opportunity to participate in company success via VSOP (Virtual Stock Option Plan)
- A flexible and hybrid work environment that values work-life balance
- 26 days of vacation per year
- 2 social impact days to support a charity or non-profit of your choice
- Access to nilo.health, including 1-on-1 sessions with trained coaches and therapists
- Company events and team gatherings several times per year
- Opportunity to work closely with visionary founders and a dynamic leadership team
- Career development and growth within a dynamic startup
- Collaborative and inclusive company culture and a diverse, international team
Join us in powering the remote revolution!
At Lano we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us email@example.com. However, we do not accept applications via email.