Chief of Staff, E4E-NY
Hiring Manager: Evan Stone, Co-CEO
Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: August 30, 2022
Role Tier: 3 - Manager
Salary: The salary band for this role is $66,498 to $99,748.
Founded by public school teachers, Educators for Excellence is a growing movement of educators, united around a for improving student learning and elevating the teaching profession. We work together to identify issues that impact our schools, create solutions to these challenges, and advocate for policies and programs that give all students access to a quality education. We do this by treating teachers as agents of change instead of subjects of change because research shows that classroom teachers are the single most important in-school factor in improving student achievement.
What We Do
Our Theory of Change is grounded in two long-term goals that are inextricably linked: better outcomes for our students and the elevation of the quality and prestige of the teaching profession. We achieve these goals by changing policy at the district, state, and federal levels and transforming our teachers’ union to be more student-focused, democratic, diverse, and anti-racist. United around our , we are building a powerful movement to lead this change by:
- Organizing educators who share a common vision of equity and excellence in schools,
- Training and supporting teacher leadership, and
- Advocating for teacher-led recommendations at all levels of government, within teachers’ unions, and in the public conversation around education.
Educators for Excellence envisions an equitable and excellent education system that provides all students the opportunity to succeed and elevates the teaching profession.
E4E organizes anti-racist, student focused educators, builds their leadership capabilities and collective power through issue based advocacy campaigns, and supports them to take on positions of leadership in their schools, districts, and most importantly, in their unions. We have made incredible progress organizing teachers to take action to uplift their students and profession. Through E4E, tens of thousands of educators have signed on to a common vision for elevating the teaching profession and improving student outcomes; thousands of teacher members have successfully advocated for and won equity and excellence focused policy changes in their local communities; and hundreds have trained for and taken on positions of elected and appointed leadership in their schools, districts, and unions.
With chapters currently operating in Los Angeles, New York, Connecticut, Chicago, Boston, and Minnesota, E4E’s organizing culture is grounded in our passion for impacting educational systems and revolves around an innovative, roll-up-your-sleeves spirit backed by a shared commitment to continuous professional growth. We know that our work is more urgent and important than ever during this unprecedented moment in our nation's education history.
Educators for Excellence’s Chief of Staff (CoS) creates systems to deliver on the long-term vision, plan, and culture of E4E-NY. The Chief of Staff is a trusted advisor to the Executive Director and a member of the E4E-NY Local Leadership Team, ensuring full integration of each stream of work across the chapter, including development, policy, organizing and advocacy. The Chief of Staff will lead on efforts related to building an inclusive, diverse team culture that embodies E4E’s core values.
Scope: What is the nature of the role? What is required?
- Experience: 5-7 years of professional experience, including experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Leadership Support and Coaching
- Technical Skills:
- Familiarity with G-Suite and Slack required
- Familiarity with K-12 Education preferred
- Familiarity with grassroots organizing preferred
Responsibilities: What actions will you leverage day-to-day?
Support the Executive Director to maximize effectiveness (40%):
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director
- Work side-by-side with the Executive Director to identify and focus on critical weekly and monthly priorities
- Partner with the Executive Director to set and drive the vision for the culture of E4E-NY; operate as a culture leader who models our core values
- Ensure that the leadership team operates efficiently and effectively and that the Executive Director’s time is being spent in ways that align with the chapter’s priorities
Drive the planning, communication, and operations of the management team (40%):
- Plan and facilitate local meetings, staff development trainings and quarterly retreats
- Develop systems to ensure integration of talent, development, organizing, policy and advocacy priorities across the chapter
- Ensure timely decision making and create systems to manage next steps and deadlines
- Consider implications and dependencies on national partners or chapters, and facilitate follow-up for any decisions
- Function as Office Manager for all NY based office needs including but not limited to ordering supplies, managing technology and coordinating with office based vendors
Oversee team-wide strategic planning and progress reporting (10%):
- Ensure local impact plan adherence and support course correction as deemed necessary
- Solicit input from across the team and partner teams
- Build systems to track progress toward annual goals and to build clarity about work across the team
- Organize quarterly retreats to reflect on progress to goals and develop new strategies and tactics to course correct
Lead communication across the team, with an eye toward effectiveness and culture (10%):
- Design communication and forums to establish effective communication to build understanding, foster open communication, ensure voices and perspectives are heard
- Make sure our chapter prepares for organization-wide initiatives and executes on them in a way that reflects our culture vision
Cultural leadership: As a member of E4E-NY, the Chief of Staff will be a champion of E4E’s and . This staff member actively embodies anti-racist practices in all aspects of their work, and pushes the organization and their colleagues to continue to grow and improve within these values by modeling a strong and inclusive culture for their team and the streams of work they manage. The Chief of Staff will support a team culture where all people can thrive, grow, and develop in order to further the mission of E4E.
Core Values: What beliefs do you embody? How do you approach your work?
- Responsiveness - We keep each other in the loop to keep the work moving forward.
- Ownership - We take part in finding solutions for the problems we identify.
- Initiative - We step up to the plate to ensure no gaps in progress.
- Equity - We look for opportunities to redistribute power in response to inequity.
- Inclusiveness -We make space at the table for all, so everyone feels like they belong.
- Evaluation & Reflection - We look for opportunities to celebrate success & show growth in ourselves and in our work.
Positional Skills - What can you do well?
- Organizing, Planning & Executing - Able to organize, track and manage workflow and resources; clearly articulates plans to others, develops systems to prioritize tasks; executes according to set timelines
- Coaching & Developing - Embraces opportunities to further the growth and development of others by building their capacity and skills
- Thinking Holistically & Making Connections - Connects the work to the big picture, identifies opportunities to streamline tactics and integrate streams/functions
- Allocating and Managing Resources - Strategically manages budget and capacity to move the work forward; manages time strategically; plans meetings purposefully
- Conducting Rigorous Analysis - Uses rigorous logic around aggregate data; performs a variety of analyses to inform decisions with broad impact and solve problems requiring diverse perspectives
Functional Knowledge - What do you know a lot about?
- Project management - Impeccable execution skills and experience navigating complex processes and building out, creating, implementing and improving upon organizational systems
- Communications - Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Lateral management - Demonstrated and proven ability to manage people in different positions
- Meeting facilitation - planning and executing high-stakes meetings, retreats and step backs
Compensation, Benefits & Applying
Educators for Excellence (E4E) is committed to valuing team members holistically in appreciation of their contribution to the organization’s success and for the good they create for society as part of our mission. While there are many facets of the “Total Rewards” package that come with working at E4E, compensation is a significant factor in a team member’s decision to work here. As such, we strive to attract, retain and reward top talent by offering competitive salaries and benefits that are equitably and transparently administered. Therefore, we do not engage in salary negotiations - our first offer is always our best offer!
The salary band for this role is $66,498 to $99,748.
- based on NYC cost of labor and adjusted for candidates in different geographic regions.
Within this range, our competitive, non-negotiable salary offer will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and credentials, role-related competencies assessed through our robust hiring process, and geographic location.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
All new employees are required to comply with E4E’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which requires all staff be fully vaccinated prior to the start of employment. An employee will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. Employees may request an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief.
E4E abides by each state’s requirements, and acknowledges they may change over time. If you advance forward to an interview, you will have the opportunity to ask questions about this job requirement.
Benefits & Applying
Educators for Excellence (E4E) believes in providing employees with benefits to support self-care, wellness, and financial stability. We value the whole person and provide benefits such as; paid time off, health insurance plans, competitive salaries that include pre-tax benefits, and cell phone reimbursements. See more information about our benefits .
Applications should be submitted by our application deadline by August 30, 2022.
E4E is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. E4E has a zero tolerance for discrimination, racism, xenophobia or misogyny in any form in our workplace. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels a strong sense of belonging.
Accommodations: We are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible interview experience and will ensure that all candidates are provided with reasonable accommodations that allow them to participate in the interview process. To request an accommodation, please email
EEOC questionnaire: We place a particular focus on recruiting staff members who share the backgrounds of the communities we serve. We encourage all applicants to complete our EEOC questionnaire as part of your application process (the questionnaire is included directly in your initial application). Completing the optional questionnaire will help ensure our People & Equity team are attracting a diverse pool of qualified candidates for each of our open positions.