Reimagine is a small but mighty nonprofit organization with an ambitious yet loving start-up culture. We are on a mission to help all people face adversity, loss, and mortality and transform life’s challenges into meaningful action and growth.
In a world filled with so much grief, we have created more than 2,500 inspiring virtual events and experiences for people to explore these ideas and citywide in-person festivals that bring entire communities together to “reimagine death.” We have been deemed a World-Changing Idea by Fast Company Magazine.
We are now working on a new platform to help bring the second part of our mission to life: to help people of diverse backgrounds channel their hard experiences into creativity, impact, and flourishing.
The Chief of Staff is an integral role that collaborates closely with the Executive Director and will manage and oversee the Operations Manager. You will be responsible for overseeing financial processes and fiscal health of the organization, human resources planning and management, legal support and organizational compliance, and implementing and managing sustainable operational systems to support the actualization of Reimagine’s mission.
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of the Executive Director, Board, and departmental heads;
- Assist and communicate with the Executive Director in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation;
- Review, design, and execute improvements to org structure; find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them;
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity.
Steward the organizational and operations management of Reimagine:
- Design/improve, oversee and implement systems, partners and infrastructure to support organizational objectives, including but not limited to OKRs and performance management, JEDI initiatives, policies, and protocols;
- Serve as primary liaison between staff and governance Boards;
- Manage legal relationships and compliance, including producing agreements as needed for entities engaging with Reimagine, serving as primary liaison for Reimagine employees, Board Chair, and legal to approve presented contracts, maintaining all legal templates;
- Oversee and manage organizational compliance and business systems, including but not limited to Annual business and fundraising registrations, annual insurance renewals, and general HR compliance;
- Oversee technology and data management security and compliance, including adherence to GDPR, CCPA, and other guidance;
- Maintain organizational information in Notion, including Employee Handbook, policies and processes, employee directory, company updates, and more.
Be the go-to human resources leader for Reimagine:
- Manage HR administrative responsibilities required to keep the team running smoothly, including but not limited to: recruiting, performance review and evaluation, learning & development, and culture-building opportunities;
- Manage employee handbook and enforcement of all stated policies, upkeep of policy documents, liaise with insurance and legal reps for relevant compliance requirements;
- Support Executive Director and departments in OKR setting, tracking, and metrics;
- Oversee and implement JEDI-driven HR policies, including recruitment and retention plan and M/WBE partners and suppliers.
Manage the financial processes and fiduciary oversight of the organization:
- Budget setting and management in partnership with the Executive Director, Treasurer, and outsourced finance team;
- Sit on Finance committee, prepare and present reports on fiduciary matters to Board;
- Partner with Profit Line to implement/improve systems and tools that provide visibility into the real-time finances and KPIs that facilitate effective and timely decision-making;
- Partner with Development on fundraising and donor management compliance, including but not limited to donor privacy and data management, grant budgeting, and reporting.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or similar field
- 7+ years in a business or executive management role
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with budget management
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
Location & Travel
The candidate can work out of any location, home office, or co-working space. Travel opportunities may be offered for in-person festivals or fundraising events.