At Oishii, we grow the best fruit in the world by deploying ground-breaking vertical farming technology that pushes the boundaries of agriculture. We're the first in the WORLD to grow fruit in an indoor vertical farm at commercial scale. We started with strawberries, which we debuted at Chef's Table at Brooklyn Fare, the three star Michelin restaurant considered by critics to be among the best in the world. Since then, we have supplied our strawberries to food-loving consumers, world-class restaurants, and specialty retailers across NYC. Our proprietary technology enables us to grow the very best produce year-round, at the same high level of quality, all without using any pesticides.
Oishii has been profiled in Eater, NPR, Time Magazine, and Fortune. Oishi was also one of the Fast Companies Most Innovative Companies of 2022.
At Oishii, everything we do works toward accomplishing our mission of transforming agriculture sustainably while bringing produce that truly delights people everywhere. This requires farmers, engineers, scientists, product managers, and members of many other backgrounds to work together day-in and day-out to innovate, while operating increasingly large farms. We have an amazing mission-driven team of highly motivated and engaged members. And we're looking for a Vice President of Human Resources that can create structure and human-centric policies that let our people do what they do best: passionately pursue our mission.
We are seeking an ambitious and organized Chief of Staff to be the right hand person to Oishii's C-Suite. As the Chief of Staff, you will wear lots of hats as you block and tackle anything and everything that is thrown your way, enabling the C-Suite to focus on the company's highest priorities. With unparalleled problem solving and execution abilities, you will support points of friction across the company, including operations, administration, hiring, fundraising, sales, marketing, public relations, and more. With maturity and discretion, you will be leading special projects and handling sensitive situations with discretion. As an extension of senior management, you will work closely with leaders across the organization and must always be the embodiment of Oishii's strong cultural tenets of teamwork, focus, and execution.
As the Chief of Staff, you will:
- Lean into and crush any problem or project thrown your way, including fascinating strategic problem sets and mundane operational necessities
- Lead special projects and initiatives, both internally and externally facing, reporting results directly to C-Suite and key stakeholders
- Serve as liaison and C-Suite representative to Oishii leaders and team members, ensuring that management's strategic priorities are understood and executed
- Build and maintain excellent rapport and trust across the organization, from entry level employee to board members
- Develop and manage processes for the C-Suite and senior leaders, including staff meetings, leadership updates, and all hands programming; prepare agendas, ensure notes are documented, manage KPIs, and support board meeting preparation.
- Rapidly get up to speed on new, complex, and diverse topics in order to advise senior management on strategic direction
- Jump in and serve as C-Suite representative at any time, with high context
Chief of Staff requirements:
- 7+ years experience in fast paced, demanding work environment; startup experience preferred
- Proven project management skills and capable of handling multiple complex projects at once of varying scope and complexity
- Able to dig in deeply to understand new/foreign topics rapidly and provide management with strategic guidance
- Natural leader capable of motivating your teams to accomplish ambitious goals
- Able to combine analytical, operational, and strategic expertise
- Strong communicator capable of navigating conversations at the executive level, with external partners, and with junior team members
- Significant experience in handling difficult interpersonal situations
- Results oriented and capable of designing and managing key metrics
- Team player with exceptional collaborative skills
- Highly organized with strong task management and prioritization skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to provide structure to chaos
- Incredible ownership mindset - you do not make excuses, you just get the job done
Chief of Staff details:
- Compensation: Competitive salary plus options
- Benefits: Medical HRA, PTO, 401(K), Performance Bonus, Professional Development
- Schedule: 9:00am to 5:30pm, Monday thru Friday
- Location: On-site in Jersey City, New Jersey