Background & Overview
Sublime Systems is a technology company commercializing affordable, ultra low-carbon cement that can be used in virtually any application under existing standards. Sublime's breakthrough process replaces the industry's legacy fossil fuel-fired kilns with an electrochemical system that operates at ambient temperature and eliminates the use of fossil fuel and limestone, resulting in a zero-carbon, low-embodied energy cement. This technology has the potential to drive gigaton-scale reductions in an industry responsible for 8 percent of global emissions. Sublime is backed by mission-aligned investors, including The Engine, Prime Impact Fund, Energy Impact Partners, and Lowercarbon Capital. We are building a diverse and collaborative team of folks who are "amped about cement" (pun intended), who share our values of excellence, creativity, and teamwork, and our motivation to create a better world.
This is an exciting opportunity to transform how the world makes cement. Sublime Systems seeks a Chief of Staff to join the Executive team. Our Chief of Staff will play a critical role in enabling strategy execution collaboration, and communication across the company.
The Chief of Staff will play a critical role in the strategic development and execution of projects and initiatives in close step with the CEO and leadership team. A curiosity to learn, and the ability to communicate across teams, and lead through influence is important as this role will carry out the vision and represent the CEO in the continued expansion of the business.
- Partner with the CEO and other key stakeholders to drive rapid, scalable solutions (e.g., run pilot programs, define and measure success metrics, executing marketing strategy, hiring new roles, creating investor decks)
- Participate in leadership meetings and 1-1's with the CEO and other key stakeholders to ensure accountability and appropriate information flow
- Manage company wide meetings (building slide presentations, gathering information + deciding appropriate information to be included)
- Support the CEO in board, investor, and internal communications, including presentation design, monthly flash reports, and developing models
- Ensure quarterly and annual budgeting and goaling processes are implement and tracked appropriately
- Time management and prioritization for the senior leadership team
- Become an industry expert and provide ongoing market intelligence and insights on Sublime's competitive position in the space
- This is an on-site role at our headquarters in Somerville, MA.
Knowledge And Skill Requirements
- A good sounding board for others, with low ego, and a desire to learn
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner
- Detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities
- Sharp business judgment, ability to see the "big picture" and to prioritize
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive Strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results
- 3+ years' experience in top-tier strategy consulting, investment banking, or a BizOps/product role in a high-growth startup
- Proven track record of working closely with C-suite/VP-level executives and an ability to build trust with internal/external stakeholders of all levels
- Ability to dive into any area of the business, technology, or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions
- A structured problem solver with an ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
Sublime Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Research suggests that qualified people from historically marginalized groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.