At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Chief of Staff role will report directly to the General Counsel and will work on critical strategic and operative initiatives with the focus of assisting the GC and Legal leadership team in identifying sharp gains in productivity and impact. The Chief of Staff will oversee the creation of new programs, support our retention & engagement efforts, and amplify our communications & connectivity.
The ideal candidate is a proven relationship builder, versatile, and intellectually curious individual who can develop trust with key leaders and stakeholders across the Legal organization to “make it happen”. The CoS will be expected to demonstrate problem-solving skills, be proactive in preventing challenges, and help their executive focus on the highest priorities. This role will handle several principal duties, all focused on making time, information, and decision processes more effective for their executive and their line of business.
- Act as thought and accountability partner for the executive – making sure their time is focused on the most impactful and highest-leverage priorities, helping them reach their fullest potential as a leader
- Be a liaison between the Finance and Legal Operations teams to manage budget
- Help build a successful and healthy organization: find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them, design optimal workflows, and align internal processes
- Maintain a close relationship with the Legal Leadership by communicating ongoing activities and ensuring deliverables are met.
- Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on organizational needsIdentify and take on ad hoc strategic projects - everything from defining new opportunities to executing cross-functional initiatives, and closing the gaps in business and operations
- Embed a lens of equity into projects and decisions across Legal and LyftDrive process and be on top of team culture, retention, recruiting efficiency, etc; work hand in hand with the executive’s staff members, colleagues on the People, Business, Comms, and Operations teams
- Ability to anticipate and avert problems before they arise
- Often responsible for acting as a proxy of the General Counsel team and/or representative of the Legal team
- Drive the importance of confidentiality/discretion across all teams
- Build a thorough understanding of the product, tech, and strategic needs of the company. Based on this, partner with Comms team to drive communications strategy (both executives & team-wide), priorities of weekly meetings, shaping offsites, and identifying opportunities to increase leadership team effectiveness
The ideal candidate has experience in the following areas:
- planning & process, inclusion & diversity, organizational change management, communications & strategy execution
- Able to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with the ease of a business unit owner
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization in a concise manner
- Entrepreneurial, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- A good sounding board for others with the ability to anticipate the needs of a busy executive and their direct staff & anticipate pockets of ambiguity
- Highest level of integrity, emotional intelligence, and management of confidential information
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.