Retain is the world’s first Customer Insights Engine (CIE) that enables everyone responsible for delighting customers to be customer-obsessed. Retain delivers a trusted, flexible system for identifying and sharing the best team habits that drive customer retention and revenue. By sitting naturally in a team’s workflow, Retain enables everyone responsible for engaging customers to make data-driven decisions by giving them a complete view across the entire customer lifecycle. Retain powers enterprises like Google, Nielsen, and Salesforce.
We are a team of talented, friendly people headquartered in San Francisco. Our leadership team is composed of experienced founders from LiveRamp ($15M funding to $5B NYSE: RAMP), and early employees from Uber (NYSE: UBER), PagerDuty (NYSE: PD), and Drawbridge (acquired by LinkedIn).
As one of AngelList’s “Hot Startups Hiring Now,” the company is backed by Emergence Capital (Gordon Ritter is on the Board – an early investor in Zoom, Box, Veeva, and Salesforce), Baseline Ventures ( Steve Anderson is on the Board – (first investor in Instagram, SoFi, PagerDuty, Heroku, StitchFix, and many others), Upside Partnership, Afore Capital, and Industry Ventures.
You can learn more about our team and values here: https://www.retain.ai/careers
About the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated Chief of Staff, to report to our CEO. This candidate can establish and accomplish concrete goals to support the company’s mission. In this position you will act as a strategic advisor and principal liaison for the CEO. You will also support leadership in developing and implementing strategies to improve operational and administrative processes, and company culture, as the company rapidly grows.
- Advise and assist the CEO in effective decision-making, project management and execution of strategic initiatives
- Work with the CEO to develop agendas and materials for meetings, track next steps and see follow-ups to completion
- Work with the management team to help build and implement company strategy
- Build and develop relationships with other employees to increase efficiency in existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies
- Manage and ensure appropriate and timely follow up on internal and external requests for information or action
- Ensure that the goals of our individual business units are aligned with our long-term company vision through cross-team communication
- Support day-to-day operations of the company; willing to “roll up sleeves” if needed with a “no task is too small” mentality
- Self-starter that can take on projects and manage them end-to-end, seeking help and guidance as needed
- Great at multitasking and task prioritization
- Sound business judgement when interacting with customers, internal stakeholders and external partners
- Strong analytical thinking; able to derive key insights from data
- Quick learner in a fast-paced environment and an appetite to take on a variety of tasks
- Strong communicator who can clearly synthesize information in a concise manner
- Takes ownership of deliverables and commits to delivering quality results with great attention to detail
Education And Qualifications
- 5+ years professional experience in top-tier Management Consulting, Corporate Strategy, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Consumer startup
- MBA preferred