Atoms is a product first company and we believe all great businesses get to invent a great product first and everything else follows. We launched Atoms publicly in June 2019, to make a shoe that people would want to wear every day, and build an engaging community.
Two years later, we added over 150,000 customers, responded to the pandemic by making/donating over half a million masks. We design and make our own products, do our own operations and logistics. Our customers love our products, and the vision for the brand. Humans of New York recently did an in depth story on our co-founders’ journey to building Atoms, that was read by millions of people around the world.
ABOUT ATOMS & OUR FOUNDERS
WHO WE ARE
- Thoughtful | Being clear on your thoughts and actions. It requires asking “why” a few times to really understand, before moving on to “what” and “how.” You are always having an impact, the question is what you are trying to have an impact on. It is about thinking through the long term impact of what you are trying to do, or not trying to do.
- Hospitality | Every interaction and decision is an opportunity to treat our customers in a warm and friendly way. Hospitality means caring for the long term relationship with our customers, instead of one-time transactional exchange. It applies to both interacting with our customers, as well as while designing products/experiences for them.
- Simplicity | Our goal at Atoms is to not merely make things, it is about making them simple. When something is simple, it is easy to understand, and joy to use every time. If it is not clear, it is not simple
- Creative | Being able to imagine beyond the obvious, and then actually making those ideas into reality. Creativity brings meaning and joy to.
We have major new products and customer experiences launches coming in the next few months. This is where you come, a thoughtful leader to help grow Atoms by building and overseeing our internal operations to scale to the next phase. We are setting ambitious goals on product, growth and customer experience. You will work closely with Atoms’ leadership team making sure that we are approaching internal operations thoughtfully, enabling us to scale across all departments as a company.
THE DAY TO DAY
We’re looking to bring on a Chief of Staff/Head of Operations to help Atoms navigate its next stage of growth.
Core categories of responsibilities for this role will be to serve as point for:
- People Operations (Hiring, HR, culture building, offsite planning)
- Admin Ops (Legal, Insurance)
- Financial Ops (bookkeeping, AP/AR, expense management)
- Systems & IT operations (Notion SOPs, Hubspot, Front, etc)
- Team Support (meeting, agenda, calendar)
- Reporting on performance each week and highlight areas for optimization
- A sparring partner for the CEO and the ability to act as a proxy.
- The potential to evolve into a COO position.
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of experience at an e-commerce brand, technology company, consulting, banking, or venture capital firm.
- Loves taking chaos and turning it into process.
- Takes pride in being a self starter and building new initiatives related to advancing company growth.
- Is an excellent communicator who can build consensus among multiple stakeholders aligned on company initiatives.
- Experience with setting up internal operations and KPI tracking
- Is able to deftly switch hats for cross-functional needs.
- Is an independent thinker and thrives with autonomy.
- An incredibly curious perspective on everything being built.
- A bias for moving quickly and action. We love people who take ownership and maintain responsibility for pieces of work.
- A company-first mindset. You consistently ask yourself what is best for the team and do your best to contribute towards that.
- You maintain customer empathy, and use that perspective to guide decision making throughout your entire build process.
- Great communication and leadership skills - we deeply value transparency and accountability which is dictated through how we communicate.
- You consistently meet deadlines.
BENEFITS AT ATOMS
- Hybrid role 3 days in office and 2 remote
- A brand new office in Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Competitive salary and equity
- We care deeply about our families and loved ones, which is why our comprehensive health plans reflect exactly how much we value proper care for the extended Atoms' family
- Access to online courses and memberships to local museums
- A network of mentors and coaching opportunities
- Complimentary shoes for you and your family
Compensation & Equity
$115,000 - $130,000
.5% - .75%