What’s so interesting about this role?
As a central team member who is a direct resource to the CEO and broader Executive Team, this role requires a highly-resourceful individual with self-motivation, strong analytical skills, a high level of professionalism, and discretion.
You love a challenge, solving problems, technology, and getting things done. You love technology and have a strong consumer sense. The ideal person will have an investment banking and/or consulting background coupled with experience working at a tier-one venture capital / private equity firm or hedge fund. In this role, you will have the opportunity to solve challenging problems, collaborate across the organization, and contribute meaningfully to the world's best app for queer dating.
What’s the Job?
- Immediately upon joining, your responsibilities will include: owning the preparation of quarterly board materials, monthly tracking and measurement of company OKRs to ensure all employees maintain alignment, conducting a comprehensive review of the competitive landscape, and driving the strategic analysis for new business opportunities.
- You are the person providing leverage to the executive team in running the management machine. This involves helping develop company-wide goals and steering execution.
- Ability to be collaborative, working with every department within the company cross-functionally and leading cross-functional special projects to improve overall organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in all board, investor, and major partnership interactions to ensure we are intentional, persuasive, and aligned on all messaging.
- Prepare executives for various speaking engagements; creating presentations and decks to ensure Grindr is putting its best foot forward every time its employees engage externally
- You may be responsible for meeting minutes and ensuring notes from meetings are properly communicated to relevant stakeholders, so that our meetings are efficient, good use of people's time, and follow-up happens.
- You are a master at prioritizing and have a good understanding of what is on our executive team's plate to ensure that they are addressing items at the right time.
What We’ll Love About You
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in relevant roles
- Experience working in a top-tier investment banking or consulting firm.
- Must have strong ability in gathering data, analyzing it, and supporting the execution of data-driven decisions.
- Strong organizational skills are paramount. Previous experience juggling multiple projects, managing expectations, and communicating with and at an Executive level
- Ability to present issues in a clear and concise way
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
We’ll Really Swoon if You have
- You have experience working in private equity, venture capital, or hedge fund and know how to see the bigger picture and think like an owner.
- You have experience working in the social networking or dating app industries
What You'll Love About Us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ people around the world
- Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, San Francisco, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where we have satellite offices
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and equity
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and up to 90% cost coverage for gender-affirming care
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact on our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer