Responsible for providing complete support to the Chief Services Officer (CSO) of Electrocomponents (EC), dealing with all aspects of daily management within an expanding global integrated product supply and integrated MRO services business.
You will work with the CSO, supporting them in the creation of a new “Services” business segment in EC. You will be a close confidant of the CSO as they pull together a totally new organization within EC. A good listener, quick learner and sounding board for ideas and action plans, you will handle dynamic workflows from the COS office including relationship management, schedule oversight, internal team communications, planning and preparation for meetings, drafting presentations, keeping track and following up on action items, managing busy calendars and strategic projects. You will ensure that the employees of EC, up to an including the CEO and Board of Directors (BOD), are timely informed of the plans and progress of the new Global Services business as it evolves.
- Provide comprehensive, confidential administrative support to the COS
- Act as a confidential sounding board and advisor to the COS
- Develop an understanding of the COS’s priorities and commitments to ensure productivity is optimised
- Confidently build strong collaborative relationships with senior leaders across the company
- Develop, implement and manage a flow of communications to EC employees, executives and BOD are appropriately informed on plans and progress and their respective roles and responsibilities in helping make the Services business successful
- Proactively manage a heavy calendar and, where required, act as gatekeeper, prioritising and re-directing to help with time management.
- Ensure the right routines and tracking mechanism are in place to follow-through on key decisions and actions emerging from operating routines and discussions
- Support coordinating activities for the COS and direct reports and partners to ensure effective execution of priority initiatives and projects critical to success
- Participate, facilitate, and influence business’ strategic planning and business development activities
- Prepare, attend, and actively participate in leadership meetings, taking notes, tracking, and following up on action items
- Organising meetings and events with a Global mindset - including the arrangement of relevant logistics, agenda, and pre-read material
- Handle confidential information that requires discretion and care in deciding what is appropriate to share, with whom, for business purposes
- Proactively draft and prepare presentations, reports and Board Papers as required, pulling in the required input, synthesizing/summarizing information and facilitating completion
- Identify and take on projects, act as a proactive project manager and producer
- Navigate internal and external communications and other requests that align with company values
- Provide ad hoc support to the COS’s Leadership Team as and when required.
- Be IT savvy and comfortable with setting up and operating videoconferences, WebEx conferences and conference calls using Teams, Zoopla etc
- Other duties as required
Organisation Chart & People Responsibility
Scope of the Role
This role has a global reach, and the role holder will need to be prepared to support Leadership Team members who reside outside their home country – including travel as and when necessary.
- Chief Services Officer of Electrocomponents
- Global Services Leadership Team
- Regional & Functional Business Leaders in Electrocomponents
It is critical to the success of this role that the role holder builds strong relationships cross-functionally throughout the organisation.
Financial & Legal Responsibilities
This role has no direct financial responsibility, however, will be required to manage budgets for specific tasks and be able to construct financial models for new and existing service-based businesses and be able to articulate impacts on the income statement and balance sheet, as well as optionality and liabilities.
There is no direct legal responsibility, however, a commercial mindset and awareness of the sensitivity of the information that this role will be exposed to is required. The role holder will be required to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements where required.
- Hybrid working: COS is based in Houston. Successful candidate will be able to work hybrid - Working from home, in local EC office (e.g. Fort Worth or local area) and on the road as required
- Travel to other EC offices, including some overseas travel
- Dress code - business casual. We mix comfort with professionalism, whilst ensuring that your choice of dress does not affect your safety or that of those who work with you
- College degree required, with preferences for analytical degrees including business administration, engineering, or industrial distribution. MBA preferred
- 3+ years of commercial experience, strategic planning with previous exposure to executives a plus
- Effective written and verbal communicator and pro-active team member
- Have exceptional organizational abilities and manage up to the COS while helping translate his priorities into action.
- Resourceful and creative, sense of initiative and driven to solve problems
- Broad critical thinker with the ability to effectively leverage the capabilities of the organization to meet the business priorities
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships across all levels of the organization
- Comfortable with uncertainty and working in a large, complex organization
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Professional, responds with the highest level of integrity
- Team oriented and collaborative, willingness to pitch in where needed and establish relationships throughout the organisation
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English with strong command of written and verbal Spanish to carry out business tasks a clear benefit
- Results/action oriented with project management skills
- Experience in creating executive level presentations and progress reports
- Experience in designing and implementing processes to keep everyone aligned and on track
- Familiarity with all forms of electronic communication (Teams, Zoom)
- Excellent organisation skills, particularly in relation to diary and event project management
- Working financial prowess and ability to build business plans and financial analyses
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Experience of dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Flexible, self-motivated, disciplined, and proactive approach to managing workload
- Ability to work appropriately with confidential and sensitive information.
- 5+ years co-ordinating and project managing cross-country projects with multiple executive partners including complex scheduling and content planning.
- Prefer successful candidate perform hybrid work (home/office) close to or in Houston or Dallas/ Fort Worth metro area
- Project Management experience qualifications
- Familiarity with a range of project management software packages, such as Monday.com
- Expertise in operational efficiency with the ability to build systems and tools designed to empower the team
- Experience of working in a global organisation
- High level of resilience and sense of humour