Chief of Staff, Crypto
Founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $19.2B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $1.4B Bio funds, the $3.1B Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Airbnb, Apeel, Coinbase, Figma, Freenome, Instacart, Lyft, Slack, and Stripe. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
As the Chief of Staff to our COO of the Crypto vertical, you will have a wide range of responsibilities to support the COO and the crypto operations organization. This role partners closely with the COO to execute business initiatives inclusive of business operations, investing, building out the team, and special projects as they arise.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships
- Manage the agendas for internal meetings, as well as track and manage outcomes and deliverables from these meetings
- Lead quarterly planning with COO, in partnership with the leadership team
- Responsible for onboarding and recruiting updates
- Work on special projects as determined by the COO
- Drive process improvements and run processes around new initiatives
- Manage information flow across the Crypto org and to relevant stakeholders in the organization
- High level of integrity, stellar judgment, and discretion to handle and manage the full scope of highly sensitive, confidential, and non-public information dealt with by the Leadership Team
- Ability to orchestrate business activities and projects with sharp business acuity, creativity, and attention to detail
- Substantial individual contributor with a proven track record of driving results by directing cross-functional teams with people at different levels across disparate groups
- Critical thinking and analytical/problem-solving skills, and the ability to combine and balance qualitative analysis with a proven understanding of strategy, operations, interpersonal and technical competencies
- Comfort with ambiguity and proven ability to create clarity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to prioritize and manage work and trade-offs against critical project timelines in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive issues and tasks to completion
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders at all levels
- Builds a strong internal and external network of personal relationships to identify issues and opportunities and provide positive, best-in-class perspective to others
- Highly detail oriented / Steadfast on follow up
- 3 + years of industry experience including relevant experience in an operations organization or Chief of Staff role