Idera is looking for a Chief of Staff for our Software Developer Tools Business Unit. This dynamic and high growth potential role combines working in a fast-pace, start-up environment with the complexities of a large multi-brand IT company backed by some of the most prestigious PE firms in the industry. The Chief of Staff will drive projects for a variety of technology brands, products and functions and prepare to take responsibility for a Brand or multiple Product Lines (see www.ideracorp.com for examples of Brands).
What is the opportunity?
- We are seeking a Chief of Staff for our Software Developer Tools Business Unit. The role will report to the Business Unit General Manager.
- This role is both operational and strategic. Specific responsibilities will include (i) leading mission-critical projects, as identified by the General Manager, (ii) managing cross functional teams that includes sales, marketing, product management, and shared administrative services (finance, HR, etc.), (iii) supporting execution of the growth and operating strategy for the Developer Tools Business Unit, (iv) analyzing data, identifying opportunities for improvement, and owning the execution of those opportunities and (v) learning the intricacies of the business model with a career development path to becoming a Brand General Manager.
- The ideal candidate will have a familiarity with software or IT infrastructure tools (i.e., experience in sales, marketing, finance and/or operations at a software company or experience covering the software industry for an investment bank, management consulting firm, or PE/venture capital firm), and be looking to advance their career by learning a best-in-class operating model and supporting daily operations of a brand for leading software company.
What does it take to succeed?
- A Learner’s Mindset: Desire to learn and adapt in a rapidly growing and changing environment.
- Focus on Results: Results matter. Idera rewards those who deliver – you should be a self-starter that is motivated by achieving outstanding results.
- Familiarity with the Software/Technology Industry
- Financial Proficiency: Ability to read, understand, and analyze financial statements.
- Skills: Team leadership; ruthless prioritization; complex critical thinking and problem-solving; highly organized; detail-oriented; strong written and oral communication skills; ability to identify opportunities and find a way to get things across the finish line.
- Qualities: Tenacious and hungry. Exceptional ability to prioritize, focus, and understand the big-picture implications of seemingly routine tasks. Quick learner with the ability to execute following instruction. Not intimidated by getting thrown into the deep end (or anything else for that matter).