Battery AssociatesBattery Associates
Chief of Staff
Learn moreLearn more
Aug 5, 2023
Learn moreLearn more
About Battery Associates:
- Founded in 2020, Battery Associates (B.A) is an impact-driven people-centred startup on a mission to accelerate sustainable battery innovation
- We believe in the transformative potential of a circular battery value chain and lead impactful projects that accelerate sustainable battery innovation. Our mission is to create a sustainable world through the power of people and battery innovation
- We operate in three key areas:
- (1) BatteryEDU: we run educational programmes for battery professionals and battery enthusiasts (this includes @BatteryMBA);
- (2) BatteryPRO: we offer consultancy services to the private and public sectors around battery topics; and
- (3) BatteryLAB: we develop battery projects to drive innovation
- In addition to the above, Battery Associates has built a thriving community of battery professionals (B.A Ambassadors) based in 40+ countries.
About this role:
- Support B.A’s Founder with all operational activities & provide strategic input: You will be a key figure in translating strategy to action through quarterly planning and team management; as the CoS, you will also have the unique opportunity to develop and manage relations with the battery industry stakeholders we work with
- Promote B.A’s brand and support with communication tasks: This includes producing and editing written content, engaging professionally on social media, speaking on panels and leading key stakeholder meetings whenever applicable
- Lead project execution: Help track and manage project plans to support strategy initiatives and events. Spearhead special projects, such as our annual online event.
- Ensure day-to-day operations run smoothly: prepare agendas, take notes, and assign action items at weekly staff meetings
- Line managing: Run weekly one-on-ones with staff members; support mentoring.
- This role reports directly to Battery Associates’ Founder (Dr Simon Engelke).
- We are an Irish company embracing a remote culture. While this is a remote position, we operate as a team and structure working days around team and client meetings. In addition, you will be invited to join the Founder on annual battery conferences and join annual staff retreats.
- Passionate about working with the Founder & Chair of a fast-growth startup in the battery sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication with outstanding attention to detail; confident presenter and communicator
- In-depth planning and analytical problem-solving capabilities; ability to manage competing priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Highly organised and proven project management skills
- Demonstrate integrity, accountability, and professionalism in all business dealings
- Collaborative and empathetic: A CoS ensures clear communication among team members while maintaining a constant eye on how the teams feel.
- Passionate about sustainability-related topics, including renewable energies and batteries.
- Experience in startup business operations;
- Experience managing OKR and annual planning processes;
- Experience in management consulting is a plus
- Knowledge about the battery industry.
- Submit your CV (in PDF format) and a 1-page cover letter stating your interest in this particular role via LinkedIn
- Exploratory call with our team to discuss motivations for working at Battery Associates (45 mins)
- Take-home task to evaluate key skills for the role. We’ve worked hard to keep it as short as possible to be respectful of your time (1 hour)
- Interview with other team members to discuss your experiences, approach to certain scenarios and working style (1 hour)
Unique perks linked to working with Battery Associates:
- A unique perspective in an international startup impacting the battery space: you’ll have a view across the entire company unlike any other role except your executive’s, and may include things like joining advisory board meetings, executive staff meetings, and supporting the vision and strategy setting for the company.
- Learning opportunities: Access to all our training, including Battery101 and BatteryMBA, a recognised executive programme.
- Join a global community of highly motivated battery enthusiasts and energy enthusiasts.
Candidates who feel passionate about this role but who do not meet every requirement above should still be encouraged to apply. Women are also strongly encouraged to apply.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Diversity & Inclusion are key to Battery Associates’ success and are at the heart of our activities. In our activities as well as in our hiring processes, we value the diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives of all individuals working with us.
If you have any questions about this application, please email us at: email@example.com.