Upside is a high-growth retail technology company driving hundreds of millions of dollars in proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. Unlike the many apps and services that provide discounts to consumers but actually hurt retailer profitability, Upside is the only two-sided marketplace platform that provides proven incremental profit to retailers. Tens of thousands of retailers nationwide are seeing a 52% ROI on average—results that have been independently audited by Fortune 500 and third-party analytics companies. On the consumer side of the marketplace, millions of users power $2 billion in purchases through the Upside platform every year. They use our top-rated mobile app to see 2 to 3 times more value on their purchases than with any other product. By helping people and businesses do better, communities grow stronger. Upside is venture-backed by some of the best names in venture, including Bessemer Venture Partners, Data Collective, and Formation 8.
About The Job
Directly supporting the Grocery vertical at large, The Chief of Staff will act as a thought partner to the Vice President of Grocery on all matters, from methods to operationalize and prioritize team objectives, to strategy development and execution. You will help turn ideas into action through goal-setting exercises, optimizing business mechanisms, and leading communications among cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate will be the glue connecting each element of the Grocery business, guiding the VP around all corners! The Chief of Staff will have the soft skills and quick judgment to understand the climate of the department and greater organization to build tools, forums, and programs that will strengthen and accelerate the team.
This role will require a strategic problem-solver with the strive to be an effective influencer- proactively recognizing the rapid needs to demonstrate impact and value to the Grocery organization. The desired candidate has a combination of strategy, operational, and technical expertise, and thrives in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
- Act as a trusted advisor to Grocery leadership in all areas of strategic & operational initiatives like day-to-day planning, prioritization of departmental activities and deliverables, as well as performing financial, strategic, and operational analysis. Ability and interest to tackle other special projects as needed
- Develop collaborative relationships with key partners across the team and the company
- Support the short and long-term planning process of the Grocery team as well as relevant partners during strategy formulation, development, and execution
- Program manage the team initiatives and launches end-to-end
- Work closely with Sales Operations to monitor funnel metrics and OKR achievement
- Lead team meetings efficiently and effectively, with the skills to achieve team alignment and influence key decisions
What You Need
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience negotiating commercial agreements, management consulting, corporate strategy or project management.
- 5+ years of professional experience in management consulting, sales analytics, or sales operations (or relevant field)
- BA/BS in a relevant field (Business Management, Investment Banking/Private Equity, Economics, Operations Management or Organizational Management preferred)
- Excellent time and project management skills, with the experience in cross-functional collaboration (PMP certification is a plus)
- Practical experience in strategic planning and implementation, sales operations, and financial planning
- A curious mentality with the comfort to ask the right (and hard) questions, using sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide range of partners
- Effective communication skills and executive presence, with the ability to convey intricate ideas in a clear, concise manner in all forms. Must be experienced in building positive relationships and influencing business solutions
- A self-starter mentality that will thrive in a fast-paced, and often ambiguous environment
The Fine Print
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated resource. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here, come join us!