Chief of Staff
Who We Are And What We Offer
Nextpoint delivers transformative software and services for all law-kind. Our award-winning team is 100% focused on making it simple, fluid, and affordable for law firms of all sizes to win the day, with streamlined eDiscovery workflows, simplified case management, and best-in-class security at every point. Our secure, cloud-based solution lets teams begin document review in minutes with powerful data analytics tools, a user-friendly interface and collaborative access from anywhere. Innovative case prep and presentation features exceed expectations of what smart eLaw software can do.
We seek out colleagues who are interested in joining a company where they will get to see their direct impact on an established yet growing business. We understand the value of ensuring that each individual can see a career path at Nextpoint and has opportunities to develop their professional skills. We take pride in having a friendly, open office life that is relaxed and honest. We enjoy spending time with one another in the office as well as outside of work. We are problem solvers, simplifiers, and challenge seekers, but above all we strive for a happy workplace and satisfied clients.
Don’t just take our word for it that we’re awesome!
- 50 BEST SMALL COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN CHICAGO 2022
- 50 BEST STARTUPS TO WORK FOR IN CHICAGO, IL 2023
- Nextpoint Culture
Benefits and Perks
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Hybrid Schedule (3 days in-person)
- PPO Health Plan, Dental and Vision
- Health, Dependent, and Transit FSA
- Generous PTO Policy & Paid Holidays
(Other PTO perks: Flexible Summer Hours, Quarterly Mental Health Days, 2 Floating Holidays)
- Annual professional development stipend
- Monthly flexible benefit stipend
- 401k plan & match
- Free in-office lunch every day and a stocked kitchen and bar!
- And more!
About the Role: Chief of Staff
The Chief of Staff will support our CEO in their role by executing a wide variety of tasks, as well as utilize their strong leadership and problem-solving skills to assist with the daily operation of the organization. This role is a great opportunity for someone who is excited to work collaboratively across all departments as well as gain deep insight into upper management strategy of a rapidly growing tech company. Some duties may include attending meetings on the executive leader’s behalf and taking notes, managing the CEOs day-to-day schedule and logistics, leading and implementing various strategic planning processes across the organization, and providing leadership members with important company information to prepare them for upcoming meetings or presentations.
If these duties and responsibilities excite you, the Chief of Staff role may be right for you!:
- Managing the Chief Executive’s schedule, scheduling meetings and planning travel
- Collaborating with executive team members to determine and prioritize business strategies
- Providing department leaders with recommendations and consultation to improve teamwork
- Planning, coordinating and keeping contents of a meeting focused
- Tracking and measuring team performance
- Providing tactical support to implement ideas
- Working with leadership to deliver, monitor and communicate progress towards goals
- Responding to inquiries on behalf of the CEO
- Overseeing strategic business initiatives from ideation to implementation
- Identifying and helping solve core problems or opportunities within business processes
- Providing CEO and other senior leaders with insight and analysis on the company’s operations
- Assessing risk when business decisions are made
- Providing support and oversight for special projects and initiatives
- Planning, coordinating and leading meetings and workshops
- Identifying and providing recommendations on improvements across the organization
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor Degree or previous training through an educational program or certification preferred
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Outstanding project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead in an effective and trustworthy way
- Exceptional Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Analytical problem solver
- Willing to work in our Chicago, IL office 3 days per week; “hybrid schedule”
- Will need to provide proof of Covid 19 vaccination
- Authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nextpoint is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to foster a diverse workplace, actively seeking to recruit, retain and promote people of color and LBGTQ+ candidates. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. If you are interested in our company we encourage you to apply even if you do not see an applicable job description, as we are growing fast and are always on the lookout for high performing, curious, entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join our team!