About the job
Upfront is a NYC-based fintech startup backed by top-tier VCs including Primary and Clocktower (early backers of Chime, Coupang, and other unicorns). We are building a new platform that helps car owners get thousands of dollars in savings on their auto loans through a tech-first process and financial innovation. Our founders are Andres Klaric (>10 years in Finance, sold $3M of cars, Harvard MBA) and Marc Escapa (2x founder, raised $7M for a prior startup, Harvard MBA).
Upfront is poised for significant growth, and as an early team member you will have a major impact on setting the stage for this acceleration—helping us deliver thousands of dollars of savings to over 4 million Americans annually and make a much-needed impact in a trillion-dollar market.
What you will do
_You will act as a key thought partner in how we balance an unparalleled customer experience with cost-effective operations and optimized conversion funnels. _
- Directly report to founders: You will directly work with the founding team. You will learn first hand what it takes to build a high-growth startup from scratch.
- Lead strategy and execution: You will oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of the executive team. Through these, you will learn how each area of the company works, from marketing to engineering.
- The go-to-person for KPIs: You will be managing the company’s KPI process; setting KPI themes, Review KPIs.
Who you are
_We are looking for someone who is hungry to learn, keen to grow responsibilities, and passionate about Upfront’s mission to help customers save thousands in their auto loans. _
- You have 1-3 years of experience (consulting/ investment banking roles are preferred).
- You are trustworthy and have the ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- You have strong advising skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member; high EQ to navigate interpersonal challenges.
- You can partner with other team members to help them execute on important strategic initiatives or drive operational scale and efficiency.
- You can make decisions with incomplete data and consider alternative scenarios.
- You turn beliefs into action while serving, helping, and connecting others.
- You have an analytical mindset and approach.
- You demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to build and maintain relationships with senior executives and stakeholders.
- You are able to prioritize multiple responsibilities, and work well under the pressure of deadlines.
- You have the professional self-esteem and confidence to “push back” on team leaders when necessary.
- You love synthesizing data to drive actionable insights.
- You have the hunger and drive to roll up your sleeves and make things happen.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity
- Collaborative work environment
- Meaningful impact and opportunity for career growth
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Awesome team culture
Upfront is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse group. Come create with us!