Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. Our team is building a revolutionary platform that reduces barriers to entry into wealth creation and management for financial advisors and their clients. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people.
If you're passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you'll love what we're doing. At Altruist, you'll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
We are looking to make a strong strategy and operations hire to help us address cross-functional challenges and opportunities as we grow. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in business operations, management consulting, and/or go-to-market strategy and the ability to serve as a generalist who can conduct analyses, obtain buy-in for recommendations, and create business updates for internal and external audiences. Please note: while this role is primarily remote, our ideal candidate is Southern California based and able to attend in-person Executive Team meetings, typically twice a month.
What You’ll Do
- Exec Team cadence: Partner with members of the Executive Team to set agendas, create materials, and send follow-ups for all Exec Team meetings
- Exec Team KPIs: Partner with members of the Executive Team to help analyze KPIs and assemble recommendations to inform targets and improve performance
- Exec Team decision support: Leading ad-hoc analyses to guide major decisions (e.g., go-to-market efforts, product roadmap prioritization)
- Internal communications: Design and execute internal communications strategy to share timely information and solicit feedback from the organization (e.g., weekly business updates, All Hands)
- External communications: Draft investor updates and assist with creating board materials; assist with creating materials for executive presentations at industry events
What You’ll Bring
- 7 - 10 years in management consulting and/or experience in a business operations role at a high-growth technology company
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Track record of leading cross-functional projects from start to finish in fast-paced environments
- Ability to be effective with minimal guidance
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Growth mindset
Nice To Haves
- Experience in fintech or high-growth startups
- Proficient in Google Workspace (e.g., Sheets, Slides)
- Basic SQL knowledge
For this role, our anticipated base salary range is $153,000 - $203,000. Total compensation also includes a competitive and benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay.
At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
What You’ll Get
At Altruist, you'll partner with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for radical change. You'll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the forefront of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a game-changing, growing company, you'll have a significant influence on how we deliver on our mission.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who's continually encouraged to grow and develop their expertise.
We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Constantly striving to better your craft and broaden your boundaries through consistent learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.