**About Daily Harvest **
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Chief of Staff to join our Executive team. As Daily Harvest continues to grow and scale, we are seeking a proactive, entrepreneurial, dedicated and detail-oriented Chief of Staff to directly partner with our Founder and CEO. The CoS will be responsible for finding leverage for the CEO, appearing on her behalf to expedite decisions and information gathering, strategically managing her external reputation and relationships, and relentlessly tracking and anticipating action items.You will be responsible for keeping track of the key items on the CEO’s plate and moving the ball forward so the office of the CEO is never a blocker.You will liaise with the Board of Directors and partner with the CEO on board materials.
The ideal candidate will be an aspiring entrepreneur, with demonstrated capability in clear visual communication, building beautiful and comprehensive decks, pinch hitting as a project manager to steward strategic initiatives, and collaborating across teams at the executive and senior leadership level to drive accountability and follow up. To be successful, the CoS will need to be a top notch verbal, written and visual communicator, with a collaborative, no-ego, get it done mentality, learning agility and an uncanny ability to remember and track details.
What you’ll do:
- Be the quarterback to the CEO, making sure she is always prepared for meetings and conversations, both internal and external, and that she always circles back with meaningful follow ups and next steps
- Steward the executive recruiting process in partnership with the Talent Acquisition team, Own the creation and execution of our Board of Directors decks, collateral used for CEO’s external appearances, and partner as needed with the Head of Strategic Planning, Talent + Culture for internal comms on behalf of the CEO
- Serve as interim project leader for strategic initiatives as needed, working in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment across teams and levels to drive business results
- Partnering with the Comms team, manage the intake and preparation of the CEO for external appearances, interviews, keynotes, networking events, etc.
- Serve as strategic gatekeeper of CEO time, partnering with their Executive Assistant to ensure adequate balance of the calendar to maintain time for strategic thought, Board and external stakeholder relationship building, etc.
Who you are:
- An aspiring entrepreneur with the hunger to learn and grow working for a Founder and CEO of a high-growth start up
- A skilled visual communicator, known for framing information clearly to drive decision making, with experience building comprehensive, on-brand presentation decks for an executive audience
- Proven multi-tasker, able to track and manage multiple competing priorities, seek out the needed information to drive clear decisions, and effectively manage your own time
- A collaborative leader skilled at quickly building trust and working cross-functionally to lead and execute projects across levels and teams
- Someone who can fly high and fly low, understanding the vision or “done state” and tracking the steps to get there; organized, detail-oriented with demonstrated expertise in project management / project leadership and a solution-oriented mindset
- A clear written communicator, with experience drafting communications on behalf of a senior leader (learning their voice, etc)
- A trusted confidant who can serve as a thought partner to the CEO, maintain absolute discretion and confidentiality, and operate independently with mature and professional judgment
- 3+ years of experience in a top tier consulting firm, strategy or business operations role