💡 The Role
Seeking a full-time Chief of Staff to join Schematic Ventures, an early stage venture capital firm located in San Francisco. The position will serve as a fantastic introduction to venture capital, the technology industry and the start-up ecosystem in San Francisco.
The CoS will help run the core processes, systems & platforms necessary to Schematic's success and, in doing so, will gain a deep working understanding of the management of a venture fund. In addition to fund operations, the CoS will engage with entrepreneurs and early stage startups on a regular basis while providing operational support across the portfolio.
This is an incredible role for someone who loves to work with startups and is looking for an opportunity to take ownership of a wide variety of functions at a venture capital fund. This is not an investment position but it does provide an opportunity to grow with Schematic.
Immediate start. Full-time position based in San Francisco.
✅ ownership of critical fund responsibilities
✅ exposure to a massive network of founders and investors
✅ fund administration, startup platform & business development experience
✅ opportunity to build & drive impact at a new organization
✅ mentorship & a great place to work
🔑 Key Responsibilities
- Build relationships across industry partners, corporations and executives in Schematic's network
- Develop offline & online event strategy and manage venues, vendors, budgets & tools
- Maintain regular & effective communication with portfolio companies
- Work in a strategic capacity with portfolio companies on a regular basis
- Design & deliver consistent content strategy (newsletters, articles and other)
- Coordinate limited partner communication, events and reporting
- Support investment process, maintain deal documentation and ensure process compliance.
- Identify opportunities and drive continual improvement in fund operations
- Initiate and lead special projects (i.e., website development, webinars, interns)
🧠 Your Experience
- 2 - 6 years of total work experience (preference for experience in consulting, operations or business development)
- Actively network across entrepreneur and investor networks
- Process-oriented, self-driven thinker with a high level of attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills; can plan & manage several complex projects at once
- Legally qualified to work in the US
👟 Next Steps
Please submit an application by completing this short form and be sure to attach your resume. We will reach out for the first interviews on a rolling basis. Thank you for your interest!
ℹ About Schematic
Schematic Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm located in San Francisco focused on digital industrial and enterprise technology (supply chain, manufacturing & commerce). Learn more about Schematic here.
✅ small, hard-working team with a good vibe ✅ top-decile performance: 100% of Fund I portfolio companies are performing ✅ fresh capital with the recent launch of $50mm Fund II