Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As Chief of Staff, you will report to Quorum’s Cofounder & CEO as a force multiplier for them and in the Quorum executive team. The Chief of Staff will perform a variety of complex administrative duties and projects to support the CEO. You must have strong project management skills, be highly organized, and resourceful. This individual must be able to handle private information, have strong business judgement, and be able to communicate with a variety of job functions. This position will also include some executive assistant responsibilities.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You will be responsible for our CEO’s calendar making sure they are focused on key priorities, scheduling internal and external meetings, and auditing to make sure their time is used wisely. You will also ensure that the CEO is prepared for key external meetings (e.g., receives an agenda for high-value prospective client meetings).
- Second Week: You will work side-by-side with the CEO to plan and schedule Weekly Leadership Team Meetings. You will attend Leadership Team Meetings to take notes and document action items. Then, will follow-up with necessary stakeholders to ensure that all commitments are fulfilled on the agreed upon timeline or appropriately rescheduled.
- First Month: You will run Quorum’s Objective and Key Result process making sure objectives are reported on, accomplished and that Quorum’s annual and quarterly strategic planning is successful.
- First Six Months: You will act as the project manager for high priority cross-functional projects (e.g., determining and executing on a key partnership) that need to be completed in six months or less. You will contribute to the success of a high-growth start-up.
- End of 2022: You will take everything you have learned working across the business and identify if you would like to stay in the Chief of Staff role or move into another part of the organization to continue growing your career.
- You are extremely organized and able to manage multiple priorities at once
- You take pride in your attention to detail and maintain high quality standards
- You are intellectually bright and you are able to quickly identify problems, propose solutions, and apply critical thinking to business priorities
- You have a deep respect for and understand the importance of confidentiality
- You are comfortable engaging in hard conversations to make sure that our Executive Teams’ schedule and allocation of time accurately reflects key company priorities
- You are an attentive listener and are able to convert what you hear into concise action plans that you execute completely
- You act with confidence and professionalism with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- You are able to empathize with others’ unique situations and regularly escalate concerns as appropriate
- You are an all star candidate if you have previous professional experience working closely with senior leadership (e.g., CEO/CTO/COO)
- You’re an engaged learner—you are eager to expand your skills, get your hands dirty, and find solutions to challenging problems that require tradeoffs
- You are an especially strong candidate if are looking to gain exposure in the business world
- You are an all star candidate if you graduated at the top of your class or you were significantly involved in extracurriculars in college
- You are a great candidate if you have experience using metrics to make data driven decisions and think strategically
About the Operations Team:
- We take pride in keeping the metaphorical train on its track at a high-growth start-up
- We are the resident subject matter experts on business operations—our team covers sales operations, reporting and analytics, quality assurance, legal, and more.
- We believe that precedent is not best practice—we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow. In doing so, we live by Quorum’s values to Take the Lead and Own the Execution
- We pay attention to the details and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provides peace of mind to our team members, clients, and vendors
- We're close as a company—we work together, spend time together, and value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment:
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least June 1, 2021. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program. All candidates need to be willing and able to relocate to the Washington DC area in 2021
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- Base Salary: $50,000.00–$65,000.00
- Benefits: 401(k), trans-inclusive health/dental/vision, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.