Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 2 million independent retailers in North America and Europe doing more than $2 trillion in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About This Role
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to the CEO. In this role, you will be the right-hand person and a trusted thought leader to the CEO of Faire. The Chief of Staff will have an impact on the efficiency and productivity of the company, streamlining business initiatives, driving program management and communicating cross-functional objectives.
Key responsibilities will include maintaining the operational rhythm of the business, managing strategic initiatives, guiding effective change management, and developing communications that align company narratives. This is a tremendous opportunity to develop into a future leader, equipped with the learnings and experience to have an enormous impact after this role. This role will not only have a significant influence on the direction of our organization, it will have a positive change on our community of creators and small businesses.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute a best-in-class Annual Planning Process, and enable the company to build an ambitious, rigorous, and achievable 2023 Annual Plan
- Maintain the operational rhythm of the business, particularly, as Faire scales, through iterating on and driving internal operations including Weekly Executive Reviews, OKRs, and annual planning
- Spearhead special projects that are of particular importance to the CEO; past projects have involved user research, product management, metric overhauls, and more
- Facilitate effective decision-making throughout the organization
- Serve as an advisor and trusted confidant for the CEO, building trust with Max’s team of senior leaders and leaders across the organization to be able to lead through influence
- Guide effective change management during organizational or business transformation
- Develop and manage communications on behalf of the CEO
- 5+ years of experience, typically in business operations or product management at a startup or management consulting
- Strong execution and experience managing multiple workstreams with precise attention to detail
- Highly analytical and metrics-focused -- you can execute on complex analyses, define KPIs, size opportunity areas, and measure and report on performance across the business
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- Ability to flex between analytical, strategic and operational aspects of the job
- Resourceful and happy to roll up your sleeves to get any job done
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with focus on crisp, concise and effective communication
- General understanding of the market and competitive landscape
- Ability to proactively identify gaps in the business, and propose / drive thoughtful and inclusive solutions
- Strong collaboration experience and ability to find win/win situations.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.