At Current, we’re on a mission to enable our members to create better financial outcomes for themselves. Headquartered in NYC, we’re a leading U.S. fintech and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 4 million members. No matter your title, we’re a team that collaborates on building great products and making an impact together.
About The Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this role will help operationalize and manage a variety of initiatives across the organization, as well as be a culture carrier for the organization. The Chief of Staff’s scope will span the entire organization which includes a broad range of functions including Finance, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Operations.
- Work closely with the CEO and broader leadership team and own the prioritization, coordination, and facilitation of various strategic projects to drive positive outcomes
- Serve as a day-to-day partner to the CEO and execute ad-hoc projects and tasks autonomously
- Frame and drive our objectives and key results (OKRs) for the company.
- Monitor and guide prioritization across the initiatives of the company.
- Partner with the executive leadership team and drive a variety of highly visible projects, taking complex problems and creating a program, process and solution. Identify metrics for success and evaluate progress against them and track progress to ensure implementation occurs in each function in the company.
- Managing the meeting cadence for the leadership team, ensuring materials are sent in advance, time is well spent, and objectives are achieved
- Create the agenda for and facilitate critical discussions across leadership team meetings and partner with the leadership team to operationalize strategic initiatives that align with Current values.
- Continuously identify areas of opportunity and work strategically to enable wins and continuous improvement of the business
- Serve as the face of the executive team and communicate effectively to internal and external stakeholders on an ongoing basis to drive consensus and engagement across the organization
- Maintain deep knowledge and understanding of Current’s business processes and advise leadership on various considerations
- Internal and external communications
The successful candidate will have demonstrated both organizational excellence and a deep empathy for relationship building. You will understand how to influence to drive change and move the organization forward.
- 6+ years experience in strategy development, management consulting, or program or project management.
- Highly organized and thoughtful with communication
- Experience working with a team in a fast-paced setting
- Superior time management, task management, customer service, flexibility, attention to detail, and written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in translating vision into strategy and operationalizing it
- Experience leading cross-functional teams within a technology company
- Collaborator and Influencer: Ability to create partnerships, build trust, influence and foster relationships with a diverse set of teams in order to drive strategy and programs.
- Driving Results: Builds organizational capabilities, identifies metrics for success and evaluates programs against them.
- Problem Solver: Experience taking complex problems and creating a framework or solution that can be applied across different functions.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches