SparkAI is on a mission to accelerate the proliferation of automation and robotics. We’re starting by addressing the most expensive and pervasive barrier to scale – AI edge cases – with an API-based service that resolves machine learning exceptions live, in production. Founded by veterans of the autonomous vehicle industry (Zoox, Uber ATG, Apple, Otto), SparkAI is changing how companies are solving problems on the path to commercialization, empowering the most ambitious teams to deliver groundbreaking automation products sooner than ever.
SparkAI is seeking a Chief of Staff to join us in driving high-level commercial strategy and execution. You will be joining at the cusp of our next inflection point, presenting a unique opportunity for outsized upside, impact, and upward growth potential.
SparkAI is the first to productize real-time solutions to the challenges uniquely faced by AI in the real world. We are creating a category, and for the right candidate – this is the opportunity they’ve been waiting for. The journey ahead will see us emerging from stealth, rapidly scaling go-to-market and sales efforts, and owning the vocabulary and conversation around this fundamental new building block in the AI/ML ecosystem. You will be a key driver of that journey.
We are a lean and mean team with a high bar for excellence. If you believe revolutionary automation and robotics products shouldn’t have to wait for the next AI breakthrough, join us – and let’s show the world how. We look forward to meeting you!
- Be an executive-level partner to the CEO in all aspects of company-building
- Own and fully run key strategic and business initiatives, end-to-end to completion
- See around corners – understand the levers of value creation for the company and be a proactive champion for the things that need to get done
- Collaborate on and in some cases, drive high-level strategic decisions, including pricing, sales & marketing strategy, team growth & hiring, product roadmap
- Strategically support customer development, joining CEO in evaluating new applications and markets
- Plug into key initiatives and be a utility player by managing products and programs where needed
- Assist with team building, including proactively identifying talent gaps, developing hiring rubrics, attracting and vetting candidates
- Interface with investors, including preparing for board meetings, updating investors, and writing investor updates
- Oversee the general operations and performance of the company by way of maintaining performance metrics, company financial model
- Be a culture carrier – work alongside CEO to define and nurture culture through team activities, offsites, and virtual gatherings (particularly in post-COVID remote environment)
- Support in ensuring hygiene around performance reviews, KPIs, quarterly planning
- Superb analytical abilities, demonstrated through exceptional performance at an investment bank, consulting firm, tech company, or startup (MSFT Excel mastery a plus!)
- An independent self-starter who takes initiative and has a bias for action
- Exceptional writing and communication abilities, with a knack for not only processing information quickly but sharing it back out in a clear and concise way
- A “doer” and a leader – willing to get hands dirty in execution and in the details alongside developing strategy and leading others
- A practiced intuition for what needs to happen and an unapologetic predilection for making it so
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and coordinate with internal and external cross-functional teams
- Self-starter with infectious enthusiasm, energy, and problem-solving abilities
- Out-of-the-box thinker who sees opportunities and solutions where others see roadblocks
- Paid coverage of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for all US employees
- A flexible, remote work environment with paid vacation time
- Remote working environment allows this role to be based anywhere in the United States
- Be an integral part of a high energy, collaborative team that’s passionate about the future of automation and robotics
- High degree of responsibility and autonomy in your day-day, with tremendous growth opportunities