Rightfoot is tackling the largest untapped opportunity in fintech — consumer debt, a $14.5+ trillion dollar problem. Backed by Bain Capital Ventures and founders and operators from successful fintech companies like Plaid, Venmo, and Marqeta — we are uniquely positioned to develop APIs that make it possible to integrate debt repayment into any product. Currently, our sights are set on addressing the $1.7 trillion student debt crisis.
Why are debt payments hard?
Debt accounts are not routable entities like bank accounts. The use cases we bring to life require the development of novel payment rails. We integrate directly with loan servicers whose backends were built in the 1970s to standardize and streamline debt payments.
What’s the societal impact?
Women hold two thirds of all student debt (>$1T) despite near equal graduation rates. Systemic racism has led to historically underrepresented groups holding 30%+ more debt than their peers. Rightfoot is enabling life changing technology for millions of people.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a well funded, well supported, and early stage company tackling a massively underserved market. Join Rightfoot as a thought leader, and come make an impact on a multi-trillion dollar problem!
About the Role
The Chief of Staff (CoS) is an individual contributor role with unparalleled access to the executive leadership team and insight into how the company operates. The CoS will meet daily with the CEO and COO (both women - a rarity in the fintech world!), and as required will travel with leadership.
The Chief of Staff will drive initiatives and manage a constantly changing portfolio of projects that require attention to detail and flawless execution. The right candidate is comfortable wearing multiple hats in a fast paced and high pressure environment. The Chief of Staff will possess strong leadership qualities, a high degree of initiative, and be detail-oriented, organized, and analytical.
This role is fully remote, and you’ll be working with the leadership team in San Francisco on PST hours.
Some Things that Might Make You a Great Fit
- Project Management experience: you’ll research, develop, and deliver special projects and strategic business initiatives under the guidance of senior leadership
- A never-ending curiosity that drives data analysis: you’ll help discover, synthesize, model and analyze data to drive decision-making
- Strong communication skills: you’ll prepare presentations and written memos for the CEO or COO on top company priorities
- Experience working at a startup or similar work environment with limited resources
- Strategic mindset: we’re looking to bring on a strategic partner who can be flexible in supporting and driving many projects and tasks to support and enable the Executive Office
Bonus Points if You’ve Got
- The superpower of anticipating the needs of others
- 2+ years working in a Chief of Staff capacity or operations strategy role
- A self-starter mentality and the ability to work autonomously
- Prior experience running A/B tests, and taking a data-driven approach to growth
- Experience taking measured risks, and failing
- A remote first work environment, with quarterly in person strategy off-sites to fun locations of the team’s choosing
- Large impact on a fast growing team
- Equity in a fast growing startup
- Paid medical, dental, vision insurance
- Student debt company contributions
- 401k plan
- 12 weeks maternity and paternity leave
- Unlimited vacation days (and we require and encourage you to take it)
- A fun, quirky, and kind team