*To avoid fraudulent outreach, please only respond to inquiries regarding any roles at our company that come from an @DreamscapeVR.com or @DreamscapeLearn.com email address.*
With leadership rooted deeply in the worlds of Hollywood filmmaking, Disney imagineering, and educational innovation, Dreamscape Learn is transforming what is possible in both K12 and higher education. The company has developed cutting-edge, immersive curricular experiences that merge the power of emotional narrative with advanced pedagogy and immersive technologies to deliver levels of richness and engagement never before available in technology-enhanced education.
Our advanced motion capture techniques allow multiple users to be rendered simultaneously, fully in touch with their senses, in real time. Students experience themselves as characters able to interact inside computer generated worlds that can seamlessly merge the virtual and physical.
Dreamscape Learn’s mission is to merge the most advanced experiential pedagogy with the entertainment industry’s best cinematic storytelling to deliver unique virtual reality and 2D education experiences that change the game, at large scale, in how students and faculty work and in the student outcomes that result from that work.
About the Role
The Chief of Staff will report directly to the CEO and work closely with our executive team. From day 1, this person will have an immediate impact on the company’s productivity by streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives to departments. The ideal candidate will have proven success in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Serve as a key advisor to the CEO. Participate in strategic planning and annual goal setting, and monitor and assess progress.
- Prepare the CEO for all meetings and presentations. Coordinate requisite support resources and capture follow-up items for response and/or closure.
- Support the CEO’s workload and prioritization of time by managing the flow of information, resolving issues, and providing analysis and advice on key issues. Ensure the CEO’s timely involvement in key decisions or projects.
- Partner with senior leaders and provide counsel to advance key initiatives. Develop and build on relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and responsiveness of existing operations, and help define new operational strategies by working with CEO and other executives on special projects.
- Establish efficient processes for timely and efficient flow of information to and from the CEO’s Office with internal and external stakeholders. Respond to ad-hoc requests.
- Plan and manage agenda setting and coordination of all quarterly meetings, standing leadership and committee meetings, etc. Prepare talking points and follow up communication as needed.
- Serve as the CEO’s representative and spokesperson in conversations with senior leadership as well as partners.
- Assist with communication and meeting planning
- Perform ad-hoc analysis of financial statements. Provide variance analysis where applicable. Partner with senior management to review the results of the analysis, develop financial models, and prepare forecasts as needed.
- Lead and provide guidance to the executive support team which is to be composed of one Executive Assistant. Ensure shared knowledge and coordination, office coverage, and cross-training.
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years relevant experience in a business management or executive role
- Organizational Excellence: Superior ability to exercise judgment, discretion, and initiative in managing multiple broad-impact projects. Success creating processes that accelerate decisions and bring initiatives to closure.
- Relationship Skills: Extensive interpersonal acumen with the ability to cultivate strong collaborative relationships. Knowledge of protocol and careful attention to detail when handling sensitive topics with members of both academia and business.
- Strategic Partnership: Demonstrated ability advising senior executives in advancing policies and proposals. Proven success offering solutions and taking personal ownership of activities that create insights and bandwidth for leadership.
- Clarity: Ability to research, report and facilitate discussion on complex subjects. Able to present data in a manner that enables clear understanding of interests and options. Ability to adjust thinking and facilitate details with urgency.
- Institutional Knowledge: Knowledge of policy development and implementation.
Job Type: Full-Time (hybrid of in-office and remote)
Job Location: Culver City, CA
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
- Employee Assistance Program to support the health & well-being of our team
- 401(k) Plan
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement & Learning and Development Opportunities
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Stocked Kitchen & Snacks
The well-being, health, and safety of our employees and customers remain a top priority at Dreamscape. Therefore, COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this position.
Dreamscape Learn, Inc. values diversity and belonging and is committed to providing equal opportunities. In keeping with this policy, the Company strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”).