Who We Are
Graft™ is a cloud-native platform that empowers organizations to wield the most advanced AI techniques to unlock the value of text, images, video, audio, and graphs. No machine learning skills required, no team to hire, and no infrastructure to build or maintain.
Graft is backed by top investors including GV and NEA. You can learn more about our team, employee benefits, and more at graft.com.
The Chief of Staff partners with the founding team on operational strategy and execution. It is a hybrid role, ideal for a generalist who is committed to doing whatever it takes to help our early-stage company succeed. You will be tasked with managing the team’s goals and priorities, internal and external operational and communication tasks, and special strategic projects, as needed. Your work will span operations, product, marketing, finance strategy, and community building in addition to owning more internal-facing tasks.
It is the perfect opportunity for a candidate seeking exposure to a wide range of company-building activities, who may want to start a company one day.
Scope of Responsibility
Work closely with the founders and team on whatever projects are most pressing. These may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Operational Strategy and Execution
- Help with investor relations, fundraising, and finance strategy
- Prepare agendas, take notes, and assign action items at weekly staff meetings
- Manage the planning and prioritization processes
- Help with recruiting and hiring
- Manage All Hands programming
- Communication and Marketing
- Drafting internal and external communications, including marketing materials
- Help build and execute our go-to-market strategy
- Set up systems for managing external facing customer channels, such as CRM, social media, and blogs
- Coordinating and participating in customer interviews and feedback sessions along with other members of the product team
- Helping to manage our presence on social media and other public-facing channels
- Special Projects
- Lead a metrics overhaul
- Do research on an adjacent business opportunity or competitive threat
- Lead the search for an executive hire
The ideal candidate…
- Is passionate about making artificial intelligence accessible to every organization and would jump at the chance to work on this product;
- Has strong collaboration skills and is comfortable working across functions;
- Is an excellent written and verbal communicator;
- Is able to learn new areas quickly and is happy having a wide breadth of responsibilities;
- Is proficient with data, at least at the level of working with spreadsheets;
- Is organized, process-driven, and sees projects through from start to finish;
- Is technically adept, understands the space we are working in, and has a great interest in learning more about technology; and
- Has startup experience (or at least a strong interest in being at a very early stage company).
Graft Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.