Chief of Staff
People & Operations
Would you love the challenge and thrill of joining a market leader in a rapidly growing category and working closely with its CEO? Do you have exceptional communication skills, whether in Slack, email, slides, or a spreadsheet? Do you love making an impact and getting things done? If so, we want to talk to you!
Timescale is building the next big database company, and we are seeking a Chief of Staff responsible for being our CEO’s right hand and helping him manage large scale projects and initiatives across the company.
We are continuing to grow and need a self-motivated, resourceful, and superlative communicator who can navigate a constantly changing environment with ease. Timescale is an all-remote organization. This is a full-time position and can be located anywhere within North America.
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of the CEO.
- Plan and administer executive staff meetings ensuring goals are tracked outcomes are delivered
- Own tracking of our KPIs and operating strategically and analytically.
- Draft and Manage materials and updates with our board of directors and investors.
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimizing company efficiency and productivity.
- Passion for fast-paced startup environment
- Superlative communication skills, whether communicating via Slack, email, slides, spreadsheet
- Ability to think strategically and tactically to get things done
- Excellent data analysis and spreadsheet skills
- Exceptional cross-organizational skills with the ability to gracefully navigate, listen, synthesize, influence, de-escalate and re-route issues across the org chart; comfortable asking for help from leadership
- Maintain a positive attitude, even in the face of adversity
- Sense of urgency and humor
- A creative mind with track record of taking initiative by recommending thoughtful alternatives and then implementing them
- Past experience working at an early stage hyper-growth startup
- 6-10+ years of experience, including 3+ years as a product manager or engineer
- Computer Science or similar technical degree
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a fully remote company with a global🌎 workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🌱, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Fridays off in August 😎
- Full remote work from almost anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development and educational benefits 📚
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)