At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We're seeking a Chief of Staff to support our Executive Leadership team as a strategist, program manager and implementer. This is a unique opportunity with high impact across organizational productivity, strategic initiatives, program management deliverables, and the communication plans of key messaging and objectives within the team.
This role is integral to supporting effective Executive collaboration within and across our business groups. Helping to drive teams forward, while acting as the glue to facilitate efficient communications and unite people, while also managing some of our most important strategic initiatives, cross functional programs and the operational mechanics & rhythm of the business (ROB).
The ideal candidate will have proven themself in a consultative business role, operating at an executive-level with empathy, clear communication, passion, and results.
What You'll Do:
- Drive Strategic initiatives as discrete projects lead or co-lead on behalf of Senior Leadership. This may include refreshing our holistic quarterly planning process to improve coordination across functional areas and operationalize vision toward reality. With limited commonality between these initiatives, expect ongoing intellectual stimulation and broad impact across multiple areas.
- Program management to drive weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual business reporting mechanisms, triage the President's weekly planning & post-mortem exercises, and ensure visibility of key information to support her peak performance. Additional responsibility may include acting as her proxy/voice to monitor progress, give guidance, and connect dots with other teams - ensuring clarity of action items and accountabilities.
- Implementation of new process & programs to ensure the efficient operations of the Wizards executive team including, but not limited to, tracking & communicating around deliverables and setting and managing the ROB partnering both regionally & globally. Additionally, you'll collaboratively help to level-up the Wizards administrative support team by mentoring junior team-members, engender a sense of community, and advocate for their learning and development.
Underlying this work will be the ability to handle competing priorities and complex task with minimal direction, and the utmost confidentiality, discretion & tact. You'll own audience decisions for what is appropriate to share with whom for business purposes.
Be a stand-out partner driving efficient teamwork across our organization
- Define, run, & improve the SLT rhythm of business and communicate objectives between departments.
- Identify & lead our strategic growth initiatives from defining new opportunities to implementing key projects from development through successful implementation.
- Team-up and serve as point with our SLT operative leaders to bolster efficiency between our teams, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them.
Be a game changer driving organizational excellence as we grow and transform our organization
- Lead organizational structure improvements from long-term org design to successful implementation & change management in close coordination with department heads and HR.
- Continually identify and drive improvements to our operational systems, practices, processes, and workflows for optimized efficiency and productivity.
- Build a strong pulse and feedback loop on organizational needs, employee engagement & satisfaction and act as liaison between staff, managers & leaders.
Be a strategic planner driving operational governance
- Partner across Wizards on our annual growth plans including headcount and program spend allocations.
- Partner with Finance to run our monthly and quarterly fiscal planning including budgets and forecasts.
- Partner with HR on organization-wide workforce management topics, including org design, headcount planning, and hiring plan completion.
Be a trusted adviser & master communicator
- Plan, organize & facilitate the weekly leadership meetings, off-sites and org wide all-hands and regularly cadenced strategy planning and project review meetings.
- Act as representative of the President in important strategic and operational meetings as designated.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of experience, supporting Senior Executives in a Business, Project Management and/or Chief of Staff role.
- Curious – eager to learn and up-to-date on project management and administrative tools, with well-honed problem definition and solution skills.
- Collaborative – able to build trust, partner, and advise peers and leaders of all levels.
- Communicative – with integrity, empathy, clarity and tact - promoting a positive working environment. Clearly reports on initiatives, with a focus on interdepartmental communication & providing outstanding experiences for leaders, partners, and employees.
- Organized & Nimble – with an eye towards continuous improvement to build & execute efficient, simple, and scalable processes.
- Results Oriented – uses processes that facilitates successful execution of strategic initiatives, programs, events, and processes and delivers the desired results. Enables the executive team to deliver key business results.
- Modern office & technology experience: including Mac, PC, Office 365, etc, with a demonstrated ability to identify new solutions to enhance productivity and collaboration.
- Experience with data analysis, budget management and systemic planning processes
- Consulting experience, particularly in operations management
- High EQ with an ability to work with many different personality types and positively influence others.
Experience in a Gaming, Technical, or Entertainment driven organization is an accelerator - but not required!
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.