Chief of Staff
Gently is a logistics start-up with significant pre-seed funding, led by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs in the space building their most ambitious project yet.
Gently enables ALL retailers to provide delivery services that meet the expectations of modern consumers. Retail is stuck with legacy logistics infrastructure and partners that were never built for modern consumer habits. Gently changes this by turning delivery into a value add for retailers and customers alike. Consumers unlock lightning-fast deliveries from their favorite retailers without compromising on customer service; retail brands leverage a new channel with customers, increasing retention and revenue.
Gently started delivering April 17 and is now scaling with some of the best-loved brands in the US. Currently delivering to all of LA, Gently is targeting further Tier-1 US markets within the first 12 months. The management team includes leading executives from Amazon, Kroger, Puma, Rakuten, Apple and more.
Chief of Staff
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Chief of Staff to join our innovative retail logistics company at the seed stage.
As the Chief of Staff, you will work closely with our co-founders and other senior leaders to deliver key business goals, optimize business processes, and ensure alignment and collaboration across the organization. You will also act as a trusted advisor and partner to the co-founders, providing insights, feedback, and support on various matters.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a bias for action. You will need to be a highly execution-driven builder with strong analytical, leadership, and communication skills, as well as strategic capabilities. A passion for retail and logistics is a plus.
- Coordinate and execute strategic projects and programs that support the company's vision, goals, and priorities
- Facilitate cross-functional communication and collaboration among teams and departments
- Prepare and present reports, analyses, and recommendations to the cofounders and other senior leaders
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Identify and implement process improvements and operational efficiencies across the organization
- Provide support and oversight for special events, meetings, workshops, and presentations
- Handle the execution of crucial areas such as budgeting, project management, back office and compliance
- Excellent academic credentials from a top-tier school, preferably in economics or business
- 2+ years of experience in a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, leading VC-backed venture or similar leadership and project management experience at a market leader in retail or logistics.
- Proven track record of self-driven and entrepreneurial goal-oriented achievements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong leadership skills; ability to motivate, influence, and inspire others
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High level of analytical skills; ability to synthesize data, identify problems, and propose solutions
- High level of adaptability; ability to embrace change and learn new skills as needed
- High level of integrity; ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Must be able to work from Gently's office in Santa Monica.
- Competitive incentive package with a highly attractive performance-based upside
- Opportunity to work in a well-funded, early-stage hypergrowth startup