Your opportunity to become the lynchpin of a high-growth, VC-backed VR metaverse startup. Reporting to the founders and supporting the board and leadership team, this role is a great launchpad into senior start-up leadership.
OTHERWORLD is the UK's most popular out-of-home VR metaverse experience. Through our growing network of city centre locations, we've welcomed over 120,000 dimension-hoppers to the best that virtual reality has to offer, including Adele, Skepta, KSI, Fnatic and Jonathan Ross.
We’ve raised £6.2 million to date from investors including Edge, Imbiba, Chris Lee (Media Molecule, Sky Mavis, The Sandbox, Immutable) and Rupert Loman (Eurogamer).
This year, we will launch our international growth programme to take OTHERWORLD to the US and beyond, tokenize our in-world currency and integrate with emerging web3 protocols and platforms, and invest in exclusive new content covering entertainment, arts and education.
As Chief of Staff, you will build transparency and accountability across the business, coordinate delivery of our ambitious growth programme, and help take OTHERWORLD from national to global leader.
You’ll report directly to Chris Adams (CEO, ex-McKinsey) and Ed Wardle (CCO), work closely with our Head of Finance and other senior leadership team members, and contribute to board meetings. You’ll have cross-functional exposure, engaging with stakeholders across the 84-strong business, and have the opportunity to hone your leadership skills and grow into a senior functional position.
You’ll be based in our HQ in Shoreditch, East London, with occasional national and international travel to support strategic development. OTHERWORLD supports flexible working, though we thrive on our close-knit, in-person culture.
- Support the ongoing development and evolution of our strategy to make OTHERWORLD a global leader
- Lead the development of initiatives, objectives, goals and plans to deliver our strategy
- Work with functional leads to cascade goals, embed robust tracking processes, and synthesise and report on progress and slippage, acting as a central PMO
- Lead key cross-functional initiatives to generate insight, solve problems and accelerate impact
- Support organisational development and planning
- Own preparation and secretariat for leadership and board meetings
- Help to develop and mentor junior colleagues
- Engage stakeholders inside and outside the business, in particular assisting with investor relations
- 2+ years of experience earned in management consultancy at a leading firm or at a high-growth B2C start-up, with experience in PMO/project delivery/implementation
- Distinctive skills in leadership, process management, stakeholder management and communication
- Track record of leading projects end-to-end, managing and coaching colleagues
- Passion for entertainment, gaming and technology, with experience earned working in or for B2C companies
- Character and attitude to thrive in a start-up environment
- Love for GANTT charts
- Competitive salary
- Share options worth 1x your annual salary at current value (equity in OTHERWORLD has grown 5.6x over the last 3 years)
- Fantastic opportunity to work with a leader in a new industry, scaling quickly with VC backing and a growing audience
- Perks scheme, Medicash benefits, pension contribution and discounts on VR and drinks in our venues
- Potential to transition into other senior roles in the business