Chief of Staff & Vice President
We are looking for a senior Chief of Staff to work directly with our CXO and our executive team. This Chief of Staff will serve as a thought partner. They will also act as a program manager and communications partner, supporting internal and external communications between the CXO and key partners. They will build shared context, drive clarity, and appropriately prioritize time, thought, and resources towards Guild’s key areas of focus.
- Partnering with the CXO to build and maintain high functioning teams and environments
- Leading the rhythm of business for our CXO’s teams both optimizing within the week and looking at horizons months out
- Communicating context to leaders and teams within Guild - so that they are empowered to make good decisions and solve problems at their level, reducing information cycles
- Enabling and shepherd the CXO leadership teams’ execution of special projects
- Using internal data and your own analytical skills to guide goal setting and tracking for your work streams and shared leadership initiatives
- Serving as a proxy and advocate for the CXO’s voice in key forums and meetings when required
- Working with our Sr Communications & Strategic Initiatives Manager to:
- Produce high-impact communications for the CXO, in partnership with all comms leaders and other cross-functional teams as relevant
- Enable change management for key changes
- Accelerate key strategic initiatives that strengthen business operations and culture for the CXO’s teams
Ideal Candidate will have:
- A highly collaborative approach -- you care less about who did it than how it got done. You take deep pride in shared outcomes and you really believe the whole is greater than the sum of the parts when it comes to team efforts.
- Experience as a functional/operational leader within a high growth organization -- comfortable with fast pace, team collaboration, and independent decision making
- Understanding of how to manage organizational change -- known for driving the operational and communications efforts needed to help move hearts and minds from one state to the next.
- A knack for structured thinking -- an ability to connect the dots between many disparate pieces of information to understand the full problem, and explain it simply
- A love of driving alignment - leaving personal agenda at the door. Serve as an ambassador, and seek to facilitate phenomenal conversations and decision-making processes to drive alignment across the leadership team and the broader company.
- Excellent written and communication skills -- highly skilled in writing, a specialist in shorter vs longer summaries, and known for making outstanding content!
- A mastership of business storytelling -- known to align the message to meet the needs and prior context of the listener.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $205,000 - $238,750, variable compensation and company stock options.
_Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. _
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. _If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits: _
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- _8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover _
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth