Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Our Chief Marketing Officer is looking for an experienced leader with business operations, communications, strategy, and program experiences to work alongside her to drive forward key organizational initiatives within Workday’s Marketing organization. The Marketing organization consists of several key areas including Corporate Communications, Performance Marketing, Brand and Advertising, Field Marketing, and Demand Generation. The Chief of Staff will drive forward initiatives by creating streamlined processes, communicating consistently and frequently, building trust across the organization, prioritizing areas for investment, and assisting key leaders in achieving focus within their teams. The Chief of Staff will serve as a trusted advisor to the CMO.
Internal Communications and Coordination:
- Organize and run key meetings within the Marketing organization including team meetings, staff meetings, offsites, etc.
- Establish and own critical communications strategy within the org, as well as to Workday and external customer stakeholders.
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders across Marketing senior leaders, as well as the sales, Products, Customer Experience and Technology organizations in order to closely align business objectives and work effectively together.
- Serve as a point of contact and liaison for critical Corporate Functions including People & Purpose (HR), Talent Acquisition, Finance, Corporate Development, etc.
- Support executive reporting on key issues, budget, and metrics.
- Promote operational excellence: identifying and executing opportunities to optimize our organizational systems and processes with a focus on agility.
- Support CMO in promoting employee professional development and identifying/implementing leadership and organizational development opportunities for top leaders, in close partnership with People & Purpose partners.
- Responsible for setting and tracking team progress against OKRs.
Special Initiatives and Projects:
- Lead key operational initiatives, working closely with key stakeholders within and outside of organization.
- Establish and track progress and status reporting across Marketing org, including harmonizing processes with key stakeholders across teams.
- Conduct strategic research for key projects, including, but not limited to, investment opportunities, and key process improvements.
- Partner with CMO on key organizational changes, leadership alignment, and process improvements in order to ensure vision and strategy is top-of-mind.
- Serve as representative for CMO in various meetings, and forums as appropriate.
- Advise on confidential matters and maintain a high level of discretion.
- Ability to learn quickly on a fast-paced team including highly technical areas.
- Ability to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously, professionally, and empathetically.
- Utterly organized and detail-oriented; a love for creating order out of chaos.
- Intellectual curiosity paired with a high growth-mindset.
- Strong influencing skills, with a reputation for getting things done effectively.
- Strong strategic mindset, with the ability to see the big picture and outline key outcomes.
- Superb people and management skills and ability to interact with peers, senior executives, cross-functional stakeholders, and external third parties.
- Team-player attitude with ability to dig into the details as well as see the big picture.
- 10+ years of relevant business experience - Marketing/strategy or equivalent is preferred.
- BA, BS, or equivalent in Business, Product Strategy, Marketing, Communications/PR or related field; MBA preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience managing employee and executive communications needs of a large organization.
- Deep experience and expertise in an enterprise SaaS environment.