Perseus Group, Constellation Software
Chief of Staff
About Perseus Group:
As an operating group of Constellation Software Inc. (TSX:CSU), our cumulative experience from acquiring and operating hundreds of software companies has informed our opinion that a long-term orientation is necessary to build an enduring software business. Our investment strategy embodies this philosophy — we buy software businesses that we want to own forever.
A unique entry point into Perseus Group, Constellation Software. This role is designed to help you develop an understanding of our best practice framework for investing in and operating Vertical Market Software businesses. The candidate will create a personal development plan, so that after 3 years, they can transition from the corporate team into a value-added operational role within the portfolio. Graduates of this program will progress into operational leadership roles or pursue an M&A career track.
This particular role has been created to support one of our Senior Portfolio Managers who oversees a number of our portfolio companies. You will help support the management and growth of businesses within the portfolio, as well as integrations of new acquisitions. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead initiatives and special projects: provide value-added insight into the performance of each business. Identify opportunities for improvement or best practice sharing with other Perseus businesses.
- Financial Analysis: complete financial modelling and prepare analysis for presentations. Draw insights based on analysis performed, provide insight into possible improvements. Work with cross-functional finance resources to participate in quarterly business reviews, improve financial and operational performance metrics.
- Support M&A activities: including evaluating contracts, financial and operational analysis. You will gain exposure to the entire software acquisition cycle, ranging from evaluation of acquisition opportunities, financial modelling, and due diligence.
- Operational Support: work with Portfolio Manager and cross-functional teams to review monthly and quarterly business performances and improvements. Assist in developing effective action plans to implement, track, and assess the performance of approved initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Min. two years at a tier one management consulting firm, private equity, principal investment shop, or investment bank analyst program.
- Academic performance with an Undergraduate Degree in Business (MBA or CPA is considered an asset but not required)
- Ability to establish credibility with senior business leaders
- Proven research, analytical, and financial modelling skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and limited oversight; able to proactively identify opportunities to leverage skill set
- Able to work independently and seek out guidance and learning/development opportunities from colleagues
- Highly competent in excel with financial modelling experience
- Desire to carve a long-term career path at Constellation Software
Location: Waterloo or Downtown Toronto. Hybrid work environment. We will require a resource to be in office as required.
Travel requirement: Moderate travel, primarily within North America. Ad hoc travel related to M&A activities.